To take the fun and experience to the next level, people are now turning to off-road skateboards. Unlike the normal skateboards that are mainly used on the smooth surfaces on the streets, these ones are designed to tackle the rugged terrains. Picture yourself going through a muddy patch, grasslands, or gravel? Or maybe you are thinking riding through sand, dirt and rough concrete?
Well, all these are possible if you get off-road skateboards. But which one should you go for? I mean, there are so many types already available in the market, and each claims to be the best. However, truth is that some vendors may exaggerate or “bend the truth” a little so that you can buy their product. To know which items are worth buying, we reviewed the top 10 best off-road skateboards in 2017. And to list them down, we focused on the following key features:
Table of Contents
- Key Features
- Top 10 Best Off-Road Skateboards in 2017 Reviews:
- 10. L-faster Electric Off-Road Skateboard Truck
- 9. L-Faster Off Road Skateboard
- 8. Atom Longboards Skateboard
- 7. ScooterX SX-05 SkaterX Skateboard
- 6. L-faster, Electric Skateboard Truck Off Road Skateboard Belt Drive Truck 4 Wheel Longboard Mountains Skateboard
- 5. L-faster 4 Wheels Off Road Skateboard 11 Inch Truck With 8″ Inflation Tyre Motorized Gas Longboard Truck
- 4. Ninestep 25 mph 2000w mountainboard electric skateboard
- 3. Maverix USA Border X Skateboards
- 2. Atom Longboards Atom 95X Mountain Board
- 1. eGlide, GT Powerboard – Black Anodized Aluminum Off Road Electric Skateboard
- What is the Best Off-Road Skateboard?
- What we recommend
- Best Electric Skateboard in 2017 That You Should Know:
- I Recommend You To Top 6 Best Electric Skateboard 2017 Reviews:
- 6. HoverboardX KooWheel D3M Electric Skateboard
- 5. Genesis Hellfire Electric Skateboard with orange Wheels
- 4. Maxfind Dual Motor Electric Skateboard
- 3. LiftBoard Single Motor Belt Driven Electric Skateboard
- 2. Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Longboard Skateboard
- 1. Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Longboard Skateboard
- Buyer’s Guide:
Top 10 Best Off-Road Skateboards in 2017 Reviews:
|Best Off-Road Skateboards List:||Dimensions||Brand||Price|
|10. L-faster Electric Off-Road Skateboard Truck||11 Inch||L-faster|
|9. L-Faster Off Road Skateboard||11 Inch||L-faster|
|8. Atom Longboards Skateboard||8 Inch||Atom Longboards|
|7. ScooterX SX-05 SkaterX Skateboard||9 x 3.5 Inch||Scooter X|
|6. L-faster, Electric Skateboard Truck Off Road Skateboard||8 Inch||L-faster|
|5. L-faster 4 Wheels Off Road Skateboard||11 Inch||L-faster|
|4. Ninestep 25 mph 2000w mountainboard electric skateboard||size: 1080x 430x 230mm||Ninestep|
|3. Maverix USA Border X Skateboards||42-Inch||Maverix USA|
|2. Atom Longboards Atom 95X Mountain Board||8 Inch||Atom Longboards|
|1. eGlide, GT Powerboard||45 Inches long||eGlide|
10. L-faster Electric Off-Road Skateboard Truck
Riding off-road will feel like skateboarding on the smoother street when using these trucks from L-faster. The larger 11-inch wheels are better than the standard 8-inch ones and will not only offer better grip but handle the rough surfaces better. The strong and well-built truck and riser pad absorbs the shocks and vibrations well and is also more tolerant to impact.
- The Good: tough, well-balanced, good price
- The Bad: one truck only, plain
9. L-Faster Off Road Skateboard
Explore the off-road with this beautifully-crafted skateboard. Consisting of an 11-inch track, it should comfortably support your weight. The 8-inch wheels make easy work of the rough and bumpy sections while the truck and riser pad ensure the wheels maintain good contact with the surfaces. And if high speed is what you want, you can trust the able motor to deliver it.
- The good: solid, sturdy, good balance, decent tires, good suspension
- The bad: a bit expensive, a little noisy
8. Atom Longboards Skateboard
The PHT graphics and laminated maple deck make the Atom 90 Mountain Board one of the stylish and colorful boards on the market. We also noticed it’s very well made to handle the off-road and this we gave credit to the die-cast aluminum base and hanger, and chromoly axle. It handles various terrains pretty well courtesy of the large 8-inch knobby tires, orange bushing suspension, and tri-spoke hubs.
- The Good: solid, firm base, comfortable, good wheels
- The Bad: Not for professionals, not heavy-duty
7. ScooterX SX-05 SkaterX Skateboard
Following up on the success of the earlier ScooterX skateboard is this SX-05 SkaterX. The most notable improvement is the more powerful and more silent 49cc motor that will handle the rough surfaces pretty well. Its good torque allows the board to go up inclines with ease and to suit both on and off-road use, it boasts of 9 x 3.5-inch sport tires that also improve the comfort. You can always count on the drum brakes for quality and smooth braking.
- The Good: Powerful, strong, easy to use, handles inclines well
- The Bad: A bit noisy, heavy
6. L-faster, Electric Skateboard Truck Off Road Skateboard Belt Drive Truck 4 Wheel Longboard Mountains Skateboard
Imagine hitting speeds as high as 40km/h? Well, this is what this skateboard truck promises to deliver. Each of the two small 36-volt motors has a maximum output of 1650 watts and rank among the most powerful. It’s also very silent and smooth thanks to the belt drive mechanism. The road vibration and shocks are greatly-reduced by the able truck and riser pad while the two 8-inch wheels minimize skidding or getting stuck in depressions.
- The Good: Powerful, silent, nice large tires, fast
- The bad: Not heavy duty, battery drains fast in demanding situations like inclines
5. L-faster 4 Wheels Off Road Skateboard 11 Inch Truck With 8″ Inflation Tyre Motorized Gas Longboard Truck
This skateboard truck by L-faster may be what you need to go skateboarding off-road. Its solid nature makes it more tolerant to vibrations, impact, and shock and this reduces the possibility of breaking. Your comfort is more guaranteed by the 2 large 8-inch wheels that go through holes and depressions easily as well as the soft but solid suspension unit. It also delivers good power via the dual 1650 watts motor and the silent belt drive system.
- The Good: Easy to mount, smooth ride, comfortable, strong, good balance, super silent
- The bad: Not for heavy users, struggles on steep inclines
4. Ninestep 25 mph 2000w mountainboard electric skateboard
Reaching speeds of up to 25mph isn’t a problem with the Ninestep Electric skateboard. Powered by 2000watt custom brushless electric motors, it can go up inclines of up to 30 degrees. The powerful 11Ah LG batteries provide a range of 35 kilometers and need at least 3 hours to recharge. The longboard is sturdy and can support people up to 150 kilograms and comes with large pneumatic tires for good traction and stability.
- The good: long range, powerful motor, fast, good torque, ergonomic
- The bad: not fit for use in heavy rain, no mechanical brakes
3. Maverix USA Border X Skateboards
You shouldn’t venture off-road without the Maverix USA Border X skateboards. Unlike the standard type, this board will perform well both on and off-road. It comes with large tires that are effective even on very rough terrains. And if you thought to hit 19mph speed off-road is impossible, this accessory will prove you wrong. It boasts of 800watts of power that should take you uphill with little effort. A single charge covers up to 9 miles whereas the ABS barking ensures smooth braking even on wet surfaces.
- The Good: Well balanced, good looking, nice wheels, decent power
- The bad: short range, short battery life, a little heavy
2. Atom Longboards Atom 95X Mountain Board
Teens and adults alike will find the Atom 95X a good mountain board. It’s suited for the streets, recreation as well as off-road performance. The All Terrain Skate trucks work together with the 8-inch Diamond tires to improve stability and ride ability whereas the Tri-Spoke hub and quality bearings make the ride smoother and silent. To make it more stylish and trendy it comes with PHT graphics, maple laminate deck, and aluminum oxide tape.
- The good: nice looks, solid feel, firm support, silent
- The bad: bearings require being broken for the best performance, the brakes need regular re-adjusting
1. eGlide, GT Powerboard – Black Anodized Aluminum Off Road Electric Skateboard
If you desire a “Beast” of a skateboard, then you have found it. Able to hit 23mph in 5 seconds, it has to among if not the fastest skateboard on the market. It also can support users weighing as heavy as 200 mph with easy and still offer exceptional performance. This is credited to the anodized aluminum deck that measures 11 inches wide and 45 inches long. The built-in SLA batteries have a range of up to 15 miles but this may reduce on inclines. For easy downhill riding, it comes with controlled RPM
- The good: powerful torquey, solid built, fast, smooth ride
- The bad: not very waterproof, no wireless remote
What is the Best Off-Road Skateboard?
The best off-road skateboard comes with a range of advantages. Firstly, it will allow you to ride through different surfaces and terrains including grass, gravel, sand, mud, dirt, concrete, asphalt and more. Secondly, it still provides the same comfort as if riding on smoother surfaces like asphalt or smooth concrete. Thirdly, the accessory will maintain its integrity and reliability despite the rough and demanding surfaces. Fourthly, it won’t break easily and will offer you long-lasting service. Finally, it is affordable and the spare parts are readily available.
Finding a good off-road skateboard or truck is simpler, easier and more convenient when you use these top 10 best off-road skateboards in 2017 review as your buyer’s guide. We have compared and analyzed many products based on the key features that include wheels size, truck design, suspension, wheel type, and profile. You can thus buy any of the items confidently knowing they are the best around and are worth the money, effort and time.
What we recommend
We must admit that compiling this list was much harder than we thought. Firstly, the skateboards and trucks are very similar in many ways. Secondly, the performance, speed, braking, power, and torque were very close. Thirdly, they all come with large knobby wheels for off-road use. Fourthly, they are very solid and well made. However, our top pick is the eGlide GT Powerboard. It’s one of the fastest, has a long range, does quite well on inclines, and is also heavy duty. You can depend on it to take you anywhere no matter the terrain.
Best Electric Skateboard in 2017 That You Should Know:
All the best!
Thank for attention. 🙂