Buying a vinyl-cutting machine can be an overwhelming experience. In fact, some people who have done it before cringe at the thought of having to buy this item again. Many will tell you of the frustration they faced due to insufficient information and knowledge; others will never forget choosing an accessory blindly and without knowing what the most important features were.
There are of course those who simply trusted the seller’s word and bought the cutter. You however don’t have to follow the same approach and increase the odds of owning a poor product. By following this review, not only will you learn the main features but also own the top 10 best vinyl-cutting machines in 2017.
Table of Contents
- Top 15 Best Vinyl Cutting Machines in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 15. Yescom 34″ Vinyl Cutter Sign Cutting Plotter w/ Artcut Pro Software Design Cut 3 Blades
- 14. USCutter, 28-inch Vinyl Cutter Value Sign Making Bundle with Design and Cut Software
- 13. USCutter 15-inch Table Titan Vinyl Cutter with VinylMaster Cut Software
- 12. USCutter, 24-Inch USCutter LaserPoint II Vinyl Cutter
- 11. MH, USCutter 34-inch Vinyl Cutter Plotter with Stand and VinylMaster
- 10. SC Series 24-inch USCutter SC Series Vinyl Cutter Plotter with VinylMaster Cut
- 9. USCutter TITAN 28-inch Vinyl Cutting Machine
- 8. Brother ScanNCut CM100DM Home and Hobby Cutting Machine with a Built-in Scanner
- 7. Silhouette Cameo Electronic Vinyl Cutting Machine
- 6. USCutter, Vinyl Cutter USCutter MH 34in BUNDLE – Sign Making Kit w/ Design & Cut Software
- 5. USCutter TITAN 3 28-Inch Vinyl Cutter
- 4. Ving 24-inch Graphtec CE6000-60 Vinyl Cutting Plotter
- 3. Graphtec America, Inc. 24-inch CE6000 Desktop Vinyl Cutter Plotter
- 2. Roland GS-24 Vinyl Cutter
- 1. GRAPHTEC CE6000-120 Vinyl Cutting Machine
- Key Features:
Top 15 Best Vinyl Cutting Machines in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
15. Yescom 34″ Vinyl Cutter Sign Cutting Plotter w/ Artcut Pro Software Design Cut 3 Blades
We can’t deny that the Yescom is among the good machines in the market. Not only does it come with a good 53-inch cutting area but also four easy-to adjust pinch rollers. You can easily adjust it to match the type of material and this improves your efficiency and productivity. The compatible Roland holder works withy most blades on the market and together with the adjustable digital force provide some of the cleanest cuts. You will also find the speed and pressure quite acceptable.
14. USCutter, 28-inch Vinyl Cutter Value Sign Making Bundle with Design and Cut Software
Whether a beginner or pro, you will love this vinyl cutter from USCutter. Firstly, it comes with a good size of 28 inches and will easily fit on most spaces even in small rooms. Secondly, the two easy-adjust pitch rollers enable you to use variety of materials of different sizes and thicknesses. Thirdly, you can choose the most economical blades on the market since the unit comes with the respected Roland compatible holder. Finally, the machine and operation is very smooth and silent courtesy of the advanced ball-bearing roller system.
13. USCutter 15-inch Table Titan Vinyl Cutter with VinylMaster Cut Software
Following closely is this vinyl-cutting machine from USCutter. Similar to its larger 28-inch stable mate, it has won the hearts of many users because of its simplicity and seamless operation. The well-designed control panel together with the large LCD display makes adjusting the cutting force, speed or choosing a mode rather easy. It features ABS sides for extra precision and aluminum alloy construction for durability. Moreover, if carrying or moving worries you, you will rest easy since it features a 4-wheeled carriage.
12. USCutter, 24-Inch USCutter LaserPoint II Vinyl Cutter
You don’t have to stress yourself cutting vinyl or struggle to adjust the speed, power and pressure. With the 24-inch LaserPoint II cutter, you enjoy simplicity, convenience and a seamless experience. This unit comes with a strong and solid frame for support, a clear and user-friendly blue & yellow backlight LCD and a superior motherboard. The easy to install machine cuts in different ways including contours thanks to the Laser Registration feature and VinylMaster Cut Software. The sad bit is that it is rated 110V and will require a step-up transformer to work in some regions.
11. MH, USCutter 34-inch Vinyl Cutter Plotter with Stand and VinylMaster
Right from its launch into the market, this vinyl cutter and plotter has continued to dominate the industry. It’s a people’s favorite due the two easy-adjust pinch rollers that make it perfect for different materials, and the superior ball-bearing roller mechanism that provides smooth operation. The included VinylMaster Software improves precision and functionality while the Roland compatible holder can accommodate different kinds of cutting blades. Some consumers would have wished if the legs were a bit sturdier.
10. SC Series 24-inch USCutter SC Series Vinyl Cutter Plotter with VinylMaster Cut
Designed for light and heavy work, this vinyl cutter should make life less complicated. Not only does it look simple but also makes every operation simple thanks to its good design. The SC vinyl cutter comes in 24-inches and works with a range of cutting blades thanks to the Roland compatible holder. It features 60 and 45-degree blades as well as an ink pen adapter. The laser alignment supports contour cutting while the included VinylMaster Cut & Design Software simplifies the operation. This cutting machine would have ranked higher if it came with a stand.
9. USCutter TITAN 28-inch Vinyl Cutting Machine
Like the legendary TITANS, this mighty machine will make cutting vinyl seem rather easy. This is all thanks to the superior design and mechanism that allow smooth and seamless operation. The unit is made of aluminum alloy and can withstand regular use. It comes with solid stands for improved stability, a basket for better functionality and VinylMaster Software for better precision and faster operation. Adjusting the cutting force and speed is easier courtesy of the control panel and the well-lit LCD display.
8. Brother ScanNCut CM100DM Home and Hobby Cutting Machine with a Built-in Scanner
The Brother brand is not only known for superior sewing machines but also reliable and effective vinyl cutters. To prove this claim, all you need is to look at the ScanNCut CM100DM. It comes with a built-in in 300DPI scanner that allows you scan anything you desire. The 600plus integrated designs give you a wide choice while the large LCD Touchscreen gives you full control concerning editing, scanning, welding, modifying, resizing and much more. It also comes ready to work and requires no software installation.
7. Silhouette Cameo Electronic Vinyl Cutting Machine
If it weren’t for its fairly-loud operation, the silhouette Cameo would have been the top vinyl cutter machine. Nonetheless, it still offers quality service thanks to its reliable cutting blade and strong motor. Being an improved version, it is more efficient and powerful than the earlier one and comes with better more features. This makes it easier to use and is more precise. It comes with a 12 x 12 inch mat, templates, and software and cuts paper, shirt vinyl, cardstock and more. The built-in program also automatically adjusts the pressure and speed.
6. USCutter, Vinyl Cutter USCutter MH 34in BUNDLE – Sign Making Kit w/ Design & Cut Software
Coming with two adjustable pinch rollers, this machine will cut different kinds of materials. It features the renowned Roland compatible holder that is suitable for most cutting blades on the market. The 34-inch product comes with a solid stand and can easily fit in most places. It has a portable design for easy movement and the advanced ball-bearing two-roller mechanism provides smooth and noise-free operation. Like other top brands, it is also compatible with Design & Cut software.
5. USCutter TITAN 3 28-Inch Vinyl Cutter
Cutting adhesive vinyl, hard paperboard, paint mask material, window film, sandblast stencil and other materials are easy and simple with this vinyl-cutting machine by USCutter. The Titan 3 comes equipped with a powerful motor but still offers very silent operation. It can continuously cut material up to 300 inches long and its variable speeds help choose the appropriate speed. The unit is more accurate and also supports the cutting or prints/ contour cutting thanks to the integrated Automatic Registration Mark Sensor (ARMS).
- 28-inch vinyl cutter
- Variable speed setting to suit different media
- Servo motor for more power and less noise
- 4-wheel carriage for easy movement
- Vacuum hold down for better material grip
- Powerful and silent
- Easy to install and operate
- Works with a range of media
4. Ving 24-inch Graphtec CE6000-60 Vinyl Cutting Plotter
If you wish for a powerful, more compact and silent vinyl cutter, then the 24-inch, Graphtec CE6000-60 should be perfect. Although very powerful and suited for heavy-duty use, this unit is relatively light and very portable. It’s a good choice for many applications including sign making, apparel decorators, etching, decals, stickers and much more. It works well on materials such as vinyl, stencil, window film, laminate, card stock and much more. This cutter and plotter is eco-friendly and has minimal impact on the environment.
- Powerful digital servo motor is fast and more silent
- Tangential Control improves accuracy and performance
- 4 Point, Dual-Axis for skew correction
- Heavy-duty cutter and software support contour cutting
- Graphtec Studio software improves functionality and productivity
- Strong, powerful and portable
- Silent and smooth operation
- Decent speed and accurate
3. Graphtec America, Inc. 24-inch CE6000 Desktop Vinyl Cutter Plotter
The CE6000 series is among the most advanced from Graphtec America. This 24-inch unit performs just as well as it looks and is suited for small, medium and also large jobs. Its innovative design makes using easy and improves productivity. The unit’s front panel comes handy in choosing the preferred mode whether downfold offset, tangential control, pen up speed and many others. It’s also compatible with both legacy and new computer systems and includes a 25 pin Serial and USB 2.0 plugin for connecting to devices.
- 300 grams maximum cutting force for a range of media
- 35.4 inch per second speed cuts in all directions
- Front control panel for selecting the desired parameter
- Tangential control mode for easy operation and convenience
- Good power and speed
- Well built for long-lasting service
- Versatile and well-priced
- Clear and user-friendly LCD display
2. Roland GS-24 Vinyl Cutter
Measuring 33.9 x 12.6 x 19.2 inches, this vinyl cutting machine will fit in many places. It also comes in a light weight of 51 pounds that makes moving easy. The accessory is powerful for most day-to-day activities and the versatile blades will cut through media such as vinyl, paint mask, laminate, stencil, twill, cardstock, and window film among others. The speed is also good although not the fastest in the market. Users also appreciate the decent blade force and advanced technology that enhances performance and accuracy. For compatibility with both older and newest computer systems, it features both a Serial and USB interfaces.
- 350g blade force is fit for different media
- Optical registration sensor improves accuracy and performance
- CutStudio software for designing and cutting
- 8 memory settings for storing most used media combinations and blade
- Tilted blue LCD panel for better viewing and navigation
- Compact and easy to move
- Good memory for storing earlier operations
- Robust and durable
- Easy to use and maintain
1. GRAPHTEC CE6000-120 Vinyl Cutting Machine
With a weight of about 100 pounds, this vinyl cutting machine is a bit heavy. Nonetheless, this shortcoming is outshined by the impressive speed and cutting power, it delivers. The item is fit for small and large tasks and comes in a solid and stable design that makes it feel solid even in demanding tasks. It features a well-lit LCD display for improved viewing and also makes choosing the desired modes a breeze. It also supports up to 10 languages.
- Accurate digital servomotor for better speed and results
- Improved Graphtec Studio Software for easy designing and cutting
- CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator plugin
- Cuts an area of up to 47.8″ x 164′ long
- Auto registration mark sensor (ARM) gives better results
- 4 point, dual-axis reduces and corrects skew
- Cuts pretty fast and also accurately
- The included plotting pen is really handy
- It’s easy to set the unit as well as the blade depth
Choosing the right vinyl cutter should no longer be an uphill task. We have rounded up the top 10 best vinyl-cutting machines in 2017 and we are sure they are going to serve you well. They are sturdy and will tolerate day-to-day use, come with adjustable pinch roller; the holder can accommodate different types of blades, and come with a friendly control interface. We also choose these items because they support the best software, are easy to use, emit minimal noise and will work on different materials.