We all agree that modern TVs are very advanced and come with many smart features. Besides watching Television programs and playing movies, you can also watch online TV, stream live content, and also browse the internet. However, they do fetch a high price which usually deters many people from owning a good set. Some will settle for substandard types, others will choose smaller sizes, while other consumers will hang on to their aging units.
But do you know that you can get a high quality, reliable, and durable television set that cost less than $300? In fact, you will be surprised by the many versions that are readily available. Still thinking it’s a joke? How about we reveal the 6 best cheap TV under 300?
Table of Contents
- Top 6 Best Cheap TVs Under $300 in 2020 List
- #6 VIZIO D32-D1 Full-Array LED TV, 32-Inch, (Black)
- #5 TCL 43S405 43-Inch Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model) 4K Ultra HD
- #4 Hisense 32H3B1 720p LED TV (2016 Model) 32-inch
- #3 Samsung UN28H4000 28-Inch 720p LED TV (2014 Model)
- #2 Sony KDL32R300C 32-Inch 720p LED TV (2015 Model)
- #1 VIZIO E32-C1 32-Inch LED TV (2015 Model) 1080p
- Buying Guides
Top 6 Best Cheap TVs Under $300 in 2020 List
#6 VIZIO D32-D1 Full-Array LED TV, 32-Inch, (Black)
The VIZIO D32-D1 will make TV watching fun and exciting. It can be used in most places as it is, on a stand, or mounted on a wall. The 32-inch television set has full-array Led for exceptional brightness and minimizing shadows.
It relays exceptional picture quality thanks to the Full HD resolution and good sound from the powerful built-in speakers. And like other smart Led TVs, it provides easy access to the internet and supports video streaming. The 2 HDMI and 1 USB ports easily connect to other devices such as soundbar, stereo, and home theater.
#5 TCL 43S405 43-Inch Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model) 4K Ultra HD
The TCL smart TV uses the latest technology for the best picture clarity and sound. It has a 4K resolution and a slim design for fitting in small spaces. The built-in speakers produce quality audio and you don’t require to use a soundbar. The 43-inch TV looks great in different decors and can be used with or without a stand. Although large, it is very heavy and moving or mounting is easy. It has 3 HDMI, 1 USB, and 1 Optical Audio and supports ROKU.
#4 Hisense 32H3B1 720p LED TV (2016 Model) 32-inch
The Hisense 32H3B1 is not only top quality but also affordable. The 32-inch LED TV is suitable for home and commercial use and can be mounted on a wall, or placed on a stand. The Smart television set has a 720p resolution for clear images and decently speakers that give excellent sound.
It has a Native Refresh Rate of 60Hz which is quite decent and LED backlight for preventing shadows and providing good brightness. The TV has 3 HDMI, 1 RCA, 1 USB, 1 RF input and a digital audio output and looks good when mounted on a wall or on a stand.
#3 Samsung UN28H4000 28-Inch 720p LED TV (2014 Model)
This high-quality TV from Samsung will save you from bursting your bank account. The UN28H4000 TV is 28 inches and is fit for small and large spaces. It has a good picture quality courtesy of the 720p resolution and uniform brightness thanks to the LED backlighting.
The sound from the unit is quite good and a sound box or external speakers aren’t necessary. The 2020 model has 2 HDMI and 1 USB ports for connecting it to other devices. And although the quality is exceptional, it will set you back less than $300.
#2 Sony KDL32R300C 32-Inch 720p LED TV (2015 Model)
The Sony KDL32W600D may not be very new on the market. Nevertheless, it still performs better than many new releases. The 32 inch TV delivers crystal clear pictures and audio and has a 720p resolution and a Native refresh rate of 60Hz. The stylish television isn’t affected by blurs and flickers and has led backlight for preventing shadows.
It is slim for conserving space and can playback Full HD videos. The included remote is very responsive and makes operating the TV easy and convenient. It can be mounted on a wall or stand fast and blends well with most decors.
#1 VIZIO E32-C1 32-Inch LED TV (2015 Model) 1080p
Despite its high quality and reliability, the VIZIO E32-C1 LED TV is among the affordable TVs on the market. The 32-inch TV costs less than $300 but outperforms units that cost more. The picture is very clear and vibrant and the sound is also amazing. In fact, many consumers say they don’t use it with an externals sound system or a sound box.
The unit works with a 1080p resolution and has a 120Hz Native Refresh rate for preventing blurry or jittery images. The slim design saves space and lightweight for easy carrying. The TV’s full array LED prevents shadows and ensures the images are very bright. It works with or without a stand and has 1 USB and 2 HDMI ports.
As said earlier, you will find many TVs that cost $300 or less. However, not every TV will fit your desires and needs. It may be too small for your large room, too big for the tiny space, the sound quality may be off, or it may flicker or hang at times. Focusing on the following aspects helps in making a good decision:
- Size: The TV size should correspond to the available space or personal desire. A 60-inch TV may look cool but the images won’t be very clear when sitting a few feet from the screen in your small apartment. You will strain your eyes trying to watch a small TV in a large room. It’s crucial to think about the TV size and the space in your home.
- Resolution: People always want clear sharp images. The clarity of the images is related to the resolution and the higher the figure the better it is. A 1020p resolution is better than 720p while 4K is the best. Small TVs usually have a 720p while the large ones have 1020p or more.
- Refresh Rate: Consumers don’t want blurs, flickering, or shadows as this affects visibility. Most TVs come with 60 Hz which isn’t bad and relays clear images. Nevertheless, a 75Hz or 120Hz is much better and is less prone to flickering, shadows and blurs. Rule of thumb is to pick a unit that is at least 60Hz.
- Features: Modern TVs have many features for a better experience. But, you may never get to use some of the features because they are little too advanced. If your goal is to own a cheap unit, you should be ready to sacrifice some of the unnecessary features for affordability.
- Brand: You should choose TVs from companies with a good reputation or have been in the market for a long time. Such firms will offer a broad selection, longer warranties, and will invest in the latest technologies. Some of the well own brands include Samsung, Sony, LG, TCL, and VIZIO.
After going through this review, you now have a clue of what TV you’ll go for. Maybe you want the first one because of the exceptional picture quality and sound, the third one since its lightweight and feature rich, or the first one due to the amazing quality, good sound, and reliability. Whichever your choice, you can rest assured that they will give you amazing service.
The picture and sound are great, they are high quality and affordable, can be used with or without a stand, and their reliability is evident from the numerous positive reviews. Owning a cheap TV under 300 is as easy as clicking on any of the above units. Pick one and have an awesome TV watching experience.