The cordless drill is probably the most popular tool used by a handyman. They have various functions and applications. We all know that cordless drills mean convenience. When compared to the other method cordless drills are more outstanding. It does not matter where you are. You do not have to worry about electricity once batteries are sufficiently charged.
These type of drills also provide more speed. They make work easier. Imagine using a screwdriver as opposed to a cordless drill. That is more labor and time. The rechargeable batteries are a bonus as well. These batteries can be charged up at the end of a workday in preparation for the next day. Through our extensive research, we have created a list of the top 10 best cordless drills in 2017 and their features. This list is in descending order.
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Cordless Drills in 2017:
- 10. Porter-Cable PCCK 604L2 20V MAX Lithium ION 2 Tool Combo Kit
- 9. Hitachi DS 18DGL 18 VOLT Cordless Lithium-Ion ½ inch compact Drill Driver Kit (lifetime Tool Warranty)
- 8. Bosch PS 31-2A 12 Volt Max Lithium-Ion 3/8-inch 2 speed Drill/Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case.
- 7. Black & Decker LDX 120C 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver
- 6. Porter-Cable PCC606La 20-Volt ½-inch Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver Kit
- 5. DEWALT DC 970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill Driver Kit (Cordless Drills)
- 4. Makita XFDO1RW 18V Compact ½-Inch Driver-Drill Kit
- 3. DEWALT DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion ½ inch Compact Drill
- 2. Black & Decker BDCCMT 120 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Matrix Cordless Drill
- 1. Makita XPH102 18V LXT Lithium-Ion cordless ½” Hammer Driver-Drill Kit
List of Top 10 Best Cordless Drills in 2017:
10. Porter-Cable PCCK 604L2 20V MAX Lithium ION 2 Tool Combo Kit
This drill has a compact design. It comes with a Pcc601 Li-ion which as the Drill or driver feature. It also has a Pcc641 Li-ion impact driver. It features a two-speed gearbox and has 283 units of watts output. It comes with the standard charger a Pcc691, for it two 20v Max Lithium-Ion batteries.
Most users have stated that this tool is perfect for home use. It has the good driver and impact quality. It seems to be well built and lots of power for the home user. This coupled with its light weight makes it perfect for the home. However, it not suited for the professional craftsman.
9. Hitachi DS 18DGL 18 VOLT Cordless Lithium-Ion ½ inch compact Drill Driver Kit (lifetime Tool Warranty)
Some of the features of this drill are an excellent two-speed gear setting which matches the appropriate speed to the application. It also has a 2+1 stage clutch that delivers 22 torque settings along with a drill mode for perfect precision and control. The LED light brightens any dark work area. It also allows for quick and easy bit replacement with it ½ keyless ratcheting chuck. Additionally, this cordless drill is covered by Hitachi’s Lifetime Lithium Ion tool warranty and two-year Lithium Ion battery warranty
Many users described this as a wonderful drill with lots of torque. They also reported that it feels good when holding it in their hands. It is also durable. One major concern is that fact that it appears to be heavier than most other cordless drills.
8. Bosch PS 31-2A 12 Volt Max Lithium-Ion 3/8-inch 2 speed Drill/Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case.
This drill includes a newly developed 3/8-inch single sleeve chuck to accommodate 90-percent of common applications. Additionally, its fuel gauge allows for easy battery management. It has two speeds that allow for 2 times faster driving and drilling. This drill is said to have the shortest height, head length. This coupled with its light weight make it excellent for overhead work.
It is described as a little brute by many users. This is mainly because of its power. It is able to handle those tough drilling jobs. It limits arm fatigue especially when above shoulder level. It is compact and great for tight spaces but packing lots of power.
7. Black & Decker LDX 120C 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver
Its light and compact design make it great for small spaces. It is perfect for drilling into wood, metal, plastic or for all screw driving tasks.
This drill is reported to be very powerful. Additionally quite easy to use and has a long-lasting battery. It is handy and goes for an affordable price.
6. Porter-Cable PCC606La 20-Volt ½-inch Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver Kit
Some of the features of this drill are a high-performance motor 330 UWO plus a 1/2″ all metal ratcheting chuck that prevents the bit from slipping. It also has integral LED work light that brightens your work and a battery fuel gauge, to let you know the battery percentage remaining.
It is extremely powerful, affordable and lightweight and powerful. However, many users complained about the trigger malfunctioning within the first few months of purchase.
5. DEWALT DC 970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill Driver Kit (Cordless Drills)
This drill is constructed to minimize user fatigue. It has dual speed range, 0-450/0-1,500 rpm that delivers optimal performance. It has a compact size that enables it to fit into the tightest conditions.
The weight of this drill lessens user fatigue it also has a high-performance motor. But the batteries die very quickly.
4. Makita XFDO1RW 18V Compact ½-Inch Driver-Drill Kit
This drill features a Makita built 4 pole motor. It delivers lots of torque. This drill has a compact design at only 7-9/16″ long. It weighs a mere 3.3 lbs with battery for less operator fatigue.
Users report it has great power. It is also durable. The batteries charge very quickly. Very light.
3. DEWALT DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion ½ inch Compact Drill
The features of this drill are it is lightweight and fits into tight areas. It also has a high-performance motor that delivers 300 units watts of power. Along with the above features, this drill also has a 1/2-inch single sleeve ratcheting chuck. This provides a tight bit gripping strength. Additionally, the ergonomic handle delivers comfort and control.
Users refer to this drill as the beast. It lives up to DEWALT’s quality products. The price is very affordable for a drill of this caliber. It has fast charging batteries that make work smooth and continuous.
2. Black & Decker BDCCMT 120 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Matrix Cordless Drill
This drill has a quick Matrix Quick Connect System, additionally an extremely powerful 20v motor and a 20v Lithium Ion battery.
The name BLACK & DECKER is usually spelled quality. That is what you get with this cordless. Powerful tool with great battery life. Users say it is a great product. It is very powerful but light. It is also simple to operate.
1. Makita XPH102 18V LXT Lithium-Ion cordless ½” Hammer Driver-Drill Kit
This drill has a compact design it measures a mere 7 ¾ inches. It weighs 3.9 pounds. It also provides less operator fatigue. What makes this drill number is its variable 2-speed design. This feature is perfect for a widespread variety of drilling, driving and hammer functions. It is the perfect drill for those dusty work sites. It has a water and dust resistant protection feature.
Customers report that the drill is simply amazing. It is also excellently made. Battery reportedly charges in minutes. Then provides power that long-lasting.
Each of the ten drills has their own strengths. If you are looking for lightweight easy to use drills. Then there is one above for you. If you are looking for a heavy hitter then that is available too. Make your pick.