The best digital thermometers are the device used to measure temperature or record temperature change in digital format as a function of the electrical resistance. They use electronic heat sensors and display the reading digitally on a small LCD screen at the other end of the broader. Most of the digital thermometers are resistive thermal devices (RTD). The interpretation is in degrees Fahrenheit or degrees Celsius.
A digital thermometer has two essential elements, a digital temperature sensor and a mean of converting the temperature change into numerical. There are many different types of digital thermostats on the market today from digital ear thermometers to the newer forehead digital thermometers.
If you have kids, then it is ideal for you to have a digital thermometer at home crucial for ensuring that you know whether your kid has a potential fever. Always, you should have a digital thermometer which is reliable and that you can trust its readings. Therefore it should give the most accurate readings which are ideal for ensuring good health.
Table of Contents
- Types of Digital Thermometers
- Factors to consider when choosing the Best Digital Thermometer
- List of The Best Digital Thermometers in 2018 – Forehead and Ear Thermometer
- 10. Braun Ear Thermometer
- 9. QQcute Digital Infrared Forehead Thermometers More Accurate Medical Fever Body Basal Thermometers Suitable For Baby Kid Adult
- 8. Best Digital Medical Thermometers, Easy Accurate and Fast 10 second Reading Oral and Rectal Thermometer for Children and Adults with Fever Indicator
- 7. Innovo Medical Digital Forehead and Ear Thermometer – Temperature and Fever, Health Alert Clinical Monitoring System for Children and Adults
- 6. Kinsa Sesame Street Elmo Smart Ear Thermometer
- 5. Safety 1st Advanced Solutions Easy Read 4-in-1 Thermometer
- 4. Medical Ear Thermometers with Forehead Function – iProven DMT-489 – Upgraded Infrared Lens Technology for Better Accuracy
- 3. Digital Ear and Forehead Thermometer, New Design Medical Thermometer
- 2. Lifecolor Digital Medical Infrared Thermometer, Forehead and Ear Thermometer for Baby Kids and Adults Fever Health-Gray
- 1. Gland Medical Digital Forehead and Ear Thermometer – Temperature and Fever Health Alert Clinical Monitoring System for Children and Adults
- Buyer’s Guide:
Types of Digital Thermometers
There are three major categories of digital thermometers.
- Thermistor digital thermometers: These are made up of ceramic materials formulated from metallic oxides. They are mostly used to read temperature change within small ranges.
- Thermocouple digital thermometer: They are composed of two wires made of different materials, and they measure temperature through electric flow between the joints. They are used widely in kilns, gas turbines and diesel engines.
- Infrared digital thermometers: These measure temperatures through a sense of heat in the form of infrared energy. Infrared digital thermometers are commonly used to detect temperature change in uneven surfaces.
Factors to consider when choosing the Best Digital Thermometer
- Accuracy: The best digital thermometer should give the correct reading when used. The text should be reliable for proper interpretations of the temperature change.
- Durable: Always, choose a durable and hard to break down digital thermometer which will last long enough to serve your needs without the urge to acquire a new one.
- Type of the digital thermometer: You should consider the kind of environment where you require using your digital thermometer. You cannot use thermocouple numeric thermometer type where you need recording even the slightest temperature change.
List of The Best Digital Thermometers in 2018 – Forehead and Ear Thermometer
10. Braun Ear Thermometer
The Braun ThermoScan is the perfect digital thermometer for parents with fussy children. It measures infrared heat generated by the eardrum and the surrounding tissues to give accurate readings. ThermoScan is so gentle and fast; you can take your baby’s temperature while asleep. Lastly, it has a memory function to recall the last temperature readings.
- Braun Ear Thermometer has an exclusively pre-warmed tip that enables repeatable accuracy.
- It has a memory function that recalls the last temperature reading.
9. QQcute Digital Infrared Forehead Thermometers More Accurate Medical Fever Body Basal Thermometers Suitable For Baby Kid Adult
The QQcute thermometer uses the latest infra-red scanning technology which is capable of accompanying your child from baby to adulthood. The QQcute thermometer has proven to be very reliable and accurate during clinical trials. Only available to doctors and medical pros previously, we are now bringing this technology to you. You can switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Backlist display screen is large enough to display the readings accurately.
- It gives a fast, accurate reading in just one second and auto shut off in 30 seconds.
8. Best Digital Medical Thermometers, Easy Accurate and Fast 10 second Reading Oral and Rectal Thermometer for Children and Adults with Fever Indicator
Are you bored of waiting for the ideal thermometer for you? Then it is the most accurate and reliable fast 10-second reading digital thermometer for you. Besides its speed, it has a new feature called fever indication. The different smileys three of them let you know at a glance whether you are in good health. Additionally, memory is included to store the previous measurement readings.
- Flexible tip- this makes it more convenient, softer in the mouth and no slipping out.
- It is waterproof for easy cleaning and a memory function too to record the last temperature.
7. Innovo Medical Digital Forehead and Ear Thermometer – Temperature and Fever, Health Alert Clinical Monitoring System for Children and Adults
It uses an incredibly sensitive and powerful sensor to captured and processed high resolution to provide an accurate and efficient reading. It has both auditory and visual fever alarm. Memories recall function stores up to 20 previous readings. Lastly, it measures temperature in Celsius mode.
- It is quick and easy to use by just pressing head for forehead and ear for ear measurements.
- Dual mode- measures both the ear and forehead.
6. Kinsa Sesame Street Elmo Smart Ear Thermometer
Kinsa supports you from the first sign of illness through recovery by focusing on the crucial decisions. This digital thermometer is gentle enough to use on a sleeping baby. Cleaning is easy with a soft cloth or cotton swab with 75% alcohol. Besides being water-resistance, it is easy to clean and dry. It also has a two-year span battery and 1000 readings battery life.
- Kinsa is compatible with most iOS and Android devices hence you can store a massive amount of historical data.
- It has a two-year battery life (1000 readings).
5. Safety 1st Advanced Solutions Easy Read 4-in-1 Thermometer
For infants and small babies, this thermometer features a flexible tip and over insertion gauge to easily penetrate the rectal taking the rectal temperatures easily. It is elasticized for comfort and also comes with an over insertion gauge for efficient and safe use in the rectal zone. Lastly, it is easy to use, and the outcome temperature reading is accurate and reliable.
- Four modes of accurate readings; rectal (infants), underarm (toddlers and preschoolers), oral (children aged 4 and above) and bath water.
- It records either in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
4. Medical Ear Thermometers with Forehead Function – iProven DMT-489 – Upgraded Infrared Lens Technology for Better Accuracy
This type of digital thermometer is ideal and applicable for all ages. It is perfect for parents with little children; it is typical to take the temperature of the young ones. This product works great for adults whether you use the head mode or ear mode. There is just no other easier and quicker way to take temperatures rather than by use of IProven DMT-489 digital thermometer.
- It has two functionalities; the forehead and the ear functionality.
- IProven is extremely easy to use and extensively clinically tested and approved by FDA.
3. Digital Ear and Forehead Thermometer, New Design Medical Thermometer
This digital thermometer is a premium thermometer developed to measure the human body temperature change. It is ideal for use on the forehead or in the ear with instructions for use in the manual provided. Furthermore, it has a memory function which can record the previous 12 readings. You will get temperatures in seconds as the device is programmed to rest five seconds between readings.
- It has a 12 Memory reading function to store the previous 12 readings.
- Fast, accurate and safe to use hence suitable for newborns and the whole family.
2. Lifecolor Digital Medical Infrared Thermometer, Forehead and Ear Thermometer for Baby Kids and Adults Fever Health-Gray
With advanced infrared temperature sensor with high sensitivity, this digital thermometer is safe, secure to operate and power saving. It has an automatic power-off when not in use for a long time. Besides, it has extensive application scope both on the forehead and ear. Ear temperature measurement is ideal for children older than three months. Lastly, it can give out temperature measurement just in 1 second.
- It has fever alarm- the presence of a signal to give out a potential fever in the body.
- 20 groups of memory- Availability of 20 units of memory function to store previous measurements.
1. Gland Medical Digital Forehead and Ear Thermometer – Temperature and Fever Health Alert Clinical Monitoring System for Children and Adults
Gland Medical Digital thermometer is the only digital thermometer that you will ever need to measure temperature either via forehead or ear. The ear is recommended for children over one year old while forehead is suitable for all age groups. It is very reliable and accurate as it is clinically tested and approved. Also, it is quick and easy to use as the results are displayed on the screen instantly.
- Dual mode- You can use either the forehead mode or the ear mode.
- Reliable and accurate- it is clinically tested and approved to give out exact and dependable measurements.
The best digital thermometers should give out the correct and reliable readings free from errors. When choosing the best digital thermometer, it becomes more confusing as there are many different types available in the market. Since we understand all these precautions and we have done research on them, we have outlined the reviews above. Equipping yourself with the tips before purchase will save you from cons. Therefore, examine the research we have done involving features and comparisons to come up with the best suitable perfect decision.