Every handy man with a tool box in their garage knows just how important owning the Best Electric Chainsaws are. This particular tool comes in handy in cutting through wood. Unlike the battery operated chainsaws, electric chain saws have vast benefits, are more efficient and basically reduce the workload. Although this is true, buying one takes more than just walking into a store and grabbing the nearest chainsaw off the shelf.
Table of Contents
- List of 5 Best Electric Chainsaws, Cordless Chainsaw for Home Owner in 2017
- 1. Makita UC4051A Electric Chainsaw
- 2. Earthwise CS30116 12-Amp Corded Electric Chain Saw
- 3. Electric Chainsaw with Auto-Tension 16-Inch 14.5 Amp, Chain Brake, and Automatic Oiling by WORX
- 4. Pro GCS80420 80V 18 Inch Cordless Chainsaw, Battery & Charger included by GreenWorks
- 5. BLACK & DECKER LCS1240 12 inch Best Electric Chainsaws
- Electric Chainsaw Safety Advice
List of 5 Best Electric Chainsaws, Cordless Chainsaw for Home Owner in 2017
Electric Chainsaw Features
- Automatic Oiling System
- Tool-less Chain Tensioner
- Current Limiter
- Brushless Motor
There is a wide variety of chainsaws in the market today. It is therefore advisable to go for the best in terms of quality, efficiency, and durability. Here are the top 5 best electric chainsaws in the market today:
1. Makita UC4051A Electric Chainsaw
If you are looking for an electric chain saw that is easy to work without interfering with its efficiency then this is an ideal choice for you. It is a tool that is designed for fast cutting as well as easy maintenance. The fact that you just have to plug it in and use immediately is a bonus associated with electric chain saws. With a chain speed of 2900FMA, the Makita UC4051A guarantees efficient trimming and cutting. The worry of a burnt out motor is eliminated by the built-in current limiter. It efficiently reduces power when an overload on the saw is detected.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Large oil reservoir with a window that allows the user to check the oil level
- Rubber on grip handles for a comfortable grip during operation
- A tool-less blade with chain adjustments for easy maintenance
- Large trigger switch for easy start ups
- Built-in current limiter
- Easy to use
- Ergonomic handle
- Easy to start up
- Automatic chain oiler for continuous use
- Electric chain brake
- The wheel may break during assembly hence advisable to do it carefully
2. Earthwise CS30116 12-Amp Corded Electric Chain Saw
If you are looking for a chainsaw that’s simple in design and easy to use with no mess then the Earthwise CS30116 is an ideal choice. With a 12 amp motor, it comes in handy in trimming trees, clearing bushes, or even stockpiling firewood. It is designed with an automatic oiling system plus an oil window that allows you to keep track of when to refill. Its chain tension adjustment is easy to adjust since no tool is required. The fact that this tool is eco-friendly is a bonus. It releases no gas or fumes to the environment.
- A 16 inch Oregon bar and chain which is comfortable to hold during use
- An automatic oiling system that dispenses the oil to the chain while in use
- Tool free Chain Tension Adjustment that is easy for the user to manipulate
- Easy to start every time
- Eco Friendly
- No mess- No gas, no fume spills
- Easy to Operate
- Doesn’t come with a saw but it is easily available in stores
3. Electric Chainsaw with Auto-Tension 16-Inch 14.5 Amp, Chain Brake, and Automatic Oiling by WORX
This is a chainsaw that delivers a high cutting performance which is similar to gas saws. It is an ideal tool for farmers, homeowners, and even ranchers. It has a 14-amp motor that provides enough power to saw through tree branches and roots. This robust and light electric saw comes in handy for quick and easy jobs around your farm or even yard. The best thing about it is that it doesn’t emit harmful fumes during operation and has minimal operating costs.
Key Product Features:
- Light in weight, durable and dependable
- Balance of maneuverability and strength
- 14.5 Amp Motor
- Patented Auto-tension Chain system
- Automatic Oil Lubrication
- Low kickback bar
- Built-in chain brake for safety
- Light in weight
- Easy to operate
- Plenty of power
- Quiet during use
- Aggressive chain
- The assembly of the chain bar may prove to be difficult hence advisable to read the user manual well before attempt
4. Pro GCS80420 80V 18 Inch Cordless Chainsaw, Battery & Charger included by GreenWorks
This is one of the highest voltage commercial grade cordless saw in the market today. With a simple electric start, anyone can get it up and run without much hustle or muscle. It is light in weight hence easy to maneuver around during use. Although highly powerful and efficient, the motor on this power tool is impressively quiet and easy to work with. Operating this chain saw is as easy as pushing the power button.
Key Product Feature:
- Makes up to 150 cuts when fully charged
- Powers instantly at the touch of a button
- No mess during use
- Zero Maintenance
- Efficient, no cost incurred
- Powerful Voltage
- Oil may seep from the saw when not in use. It is therefore advisable to empty its oil tank when not in use then run for a minute or so to ensure that it is completely dry
5. BLACK & DECKER LCS1240 12 inch Best Electric Chainsaws
This is a powerful chainsaw that is popular for its ability to the convenience of cordless maneuverability. It provides the needed power to cut through live wood and logs. It has a 12-inch bar and chain. This includes a tool free chain tension that provides serious cutting power and fast and efficient cuts. The need for manual oiling of this saw is eliminated with this tool. The tool emits the oil by itself. It constantly oils the bar and chain as needed.
Key Product Features:
- Powerful Battery that holds its charge for up to 18 months
- Tool free chain tensioning which makes it easy to adjust the chain for the best cutting performance
- 12-Inch Low kickback Oregon bar and chain which improves the cut speeds and minimizes vibrations
- Automatic Oiling Mechanism which ensures constant bar and chain lubrication
- Great cutting efficiency
- Light in weight
- Easy to use
- Easy chain adjustments
- Might leak oil hence advisable to empty the oil tank after use
With the wide variety of electric chain saws in the market, it is easy for anyone to get confused. This is especially so for first time users. It is therefore advisable to narrow down your search and perform further research by reading through reviews. Pick one that suits the kind of job that you intend to do with the electric saw.
Another way of landing an efficient and powerful chainsaw is asking the store attendant about the best saws available. Explaining your intention with the tool will help with the selection. Remember, taking good care of your saw will prolong its life and enhance its performance.
Electric Chainsaw Safety Advice
- You must always make sure that the chain brake is on when you start your chainsaw.
- You must wear gloves and your face shield when you use the electric chainsaw to protect if thing happen.
- If you’re using a corded model, please be aware of where the cord is at all times. You need to stop the machine immediately if the cord snags or tangles. The cord may trip over or cut.
- Please double check to make sure the chain is properly tensioned.
- Never work with a worn or damaged chain, it too dangerous.
- If your extension cord grows hot, it’s not the proper AMP rating, and you run the risk of burning out the motor. Check and fix it immediately.