Exterior caulk is used to fill up for cracks and gaps that might have built on the exterior side of your building either during construction or due to weather for a long time. It is applicable to windows, doors, pipes and all exterior objects. The material used in exterior caulks is extremely durable and weatherproof. If you decide to buy such a product and prevent your building from further damage, go ahead and discover the best exterior caulks available on the market. You will find that different products have different features and applications.
Table of Contents
- Top 8 Best Exterior Caulks in 2022 List
- #8 Sashco 10024 Big Stretch Caulk Pine Green 10.5 Oz.
- #7 Sashco 10004 2 Pack 10.5 Oz. Big Stretch Acrylic Latex High Performance Caulking Sealant, Black
- #6 General Electric GE5020 Concrete and Masonry Silicone II Caulk, 10.1 Oz., Light Grey
- #5 GE Silicone 2+ Window & Door Caulk, 10.1 Oz. Tube, White, GE5010
- #4 DAP INC 18152 10.1 Oz. White Alex Plus Acrylic Latex Caulk with Silicone
- #3 Dap 18128 Alex Plus Acrylic Latex Caulk Plus Silicone 5.5 Oz.
- #2 Color Fast Caulk Matched to Custom Building Products (New Taupe Sanded)
- #1 Sashco 10016 10.5oz 10016 Big Stretch Caulk 10.5 Oz. Cartridge, White
- How To Choose The Best Exterior Caulk?
Top 8 Best Exterior Caulks in 2022 List
#8 Sashco 10024 Big Stretch Caulk Pine Green 10.5 Oz.
This is a superelastic product which will not pull away easily. This is paintable and will not tear or crack. This caulk is multi-purpose caulk which can be used for exteriors and interiors. It is available in 13 different colors and is a water-based caulk. One of the best things about this caulk is that it is very easy to clean up and requires just water and soap. It can be stretched more than 500% of its original size. This also bends easily.
#7 Sashco 10004 2 Pack 10.5 Oz. Big Stretch Acrylic Latex High Performance Caulking Sealant, Black
This caulk is suitable for all kinds of weather and is also 100% waterproof. It helps you to stay away from all the cracks and provides permanent caulking. With this, you can forget about repeating your repair from time to time. it is composed of a smooth formula and can be used by anyone. This single product can adhere to different substances like metal, wood, glass, and much more. It can also be used on vinyl windows. The item weighs 2 pounds.
#6 General Electric GE5020 Concrete and Masonry Silicone II Caulk, 10.1 Oz., Light Grey
This is a three-hour rain ready product which is not only freeze proof but is UV resistant. It is made up of 100% silicone and is shrink proof. This is also waterproof, crack proof, and flexible. It can adhere to many substances like wood, glass, metal, granite, slate, asphalt, ceramic, and brick. This can also be used internal and is ideal for repointing masonry, above ground foundations, patios, steps, sidewalks, and driveways. Compared to acrylic, this gives better performance.
#5 GE Silicone 2+ Window & Door Caulk, 10.1 Oz. Tube, White, GE5010
Not only is this caulk 100% waterproof but can resist all types of weather. This caulk is made up of 100% silicone and is the best choice for weatherproofing. It does not break down even I harsh weather conditions. It is also resistant to various stain causing molds. The caulk is UV resistant and freezes proof. It is an ideal caulk for pipes, window sealing, door, wire, vents, trim, and siding. This is also crack proof and shrink proof and gives a permanent sealing to all the gaps.
#4 DAP INC 18152 10.1 Oz. White Alex Plus Acrylic Latex Caulk with Silicone
Anyone can use this caulk for a secure and sturdy construction. The product is of highest and premium quality which can easily give adhesion to metal, wood, glass, ceramic, stone, brick, and much more. This is moisture resistant and is used for siding door frames, corner joints, and window frames. The mildew-resistant product is available in a tube of 11 fl. Oz. Not only it provides excellent adhesion to various substances but is also paintable. Washing off is also very easy when used with hands.
#3 Dap 18128 Alex Plus Acrylic Latex Caulk Plus Silicone 5.5 Oz.
This is an “Acry Latex Caulk” which comes with a durability guarantee of 35 years. It is absolutely mildew and moisture resistant which can be used for both exterior and interior purpose. This product is available in the size of 5.5Oz and is made in the USA. It also has superior and is a multi-purpose caulk in paintable form. The acrylic latex caulk also contains silicone which gives double the strength for caulking. It can be cleaned easily with water and the material is of rubber.
#2 Color Fast Caulk Matched to Custom Building Products (New Taupe Sanded)
By: Color Fast
This is an easy water clean-up exterior caulk which is made up of siliconized acrylic latex. It is perfect for applying in both interiors and exteriors. It comes in a tube of 10.3oz which includes a standard chalk gun. It comes in the form of polymer and is self-adhesive. This exterior caulk can cure the moisture setting in 3 to 5 days. It takes an hour to dry up and fulfills the standard of ASTM C834. It is a sanded caulk which is perfect for wall joints.
#1 Sashco 10016 10.5oz 10016 Big Stretch Caulk 10.5 Oz. Cartridge, White
This is another highly durable caulk made in the United States. This item is made up of pure acrylic latex and gives smooth elasticity. It compresses and absorbs any movement and can stretch up to 500% of its original. It does not leave any crack even when stretched. It gives strong adhesion to various substances. This is an ideal application for vents, baseboards, windows, and much more. The caulk has the ability to cover any gap and is in the form of stable paint.
How To Choose The Best Exterior Caulk?
Exterior caulks can be used for roof lines, siding, door frames, eaves, window casting and much more. While buying an exterior caulk you have to keep certain factors and parameters in mind to buy the best one out of the lot.
- Material: There are various types of exterior caulks available in the market and they are discriminates based on the material used. Some have silicone, latex, acrylic, polyurethane and likewise. Silicone is considered to be the best material due to its extreme weatherproofing characteristics. The best is when a correct composition of all these materials are present in an exterior caulk.
- Application: The location of application of the exterior caulk is instrumental in deciding which exterior caulk to buy. If you apply it to windows casings and doors frames, you need to buy a paintable caulk to match with the surrounding colors but for roofs, non-paintable ones too will do the job perfectly.
- Weatherproof: Weatherproof is a big term and there are many sub-terms associated with it. An exterior caulk must be UV protected so that the composition of the material does not go out of bond. Similarly, the temperature of the weather keeps on changing and the material used are liable to stretching and contraction. The caulk must be flexible enough to sustain the extremities of weather without cracking.
- You should also watch out for its washable and non-washable property so that it is sustainable as per requirement.
Whether you use it for weatherproofing or filling up cracks and gaps, it is an indispensable product for your home. You can choose any of the above-mentioned best exterior caulk but keep the deciding factors in mind so that the product you buy can satisfy all your needs completely and gives you the best value for your money.