A microwave oven has become an essential kitchenware for every kitchen. Not only can you heat up your leftover or frozen food instantly, you can cook and bake so many delicious dishes in no time. With the improved microwave ovens, you can do the multi-stage cooking and cook almost any dish that you eat every day.
But having a traditional microwave oven in your limited space kitchen can be a problem. If you do not want to waste counter space of traditional microwave oven and yet enjoy the cooking experience of the microwave, you need an over the range or over the counter microwave oven. Go through the following hand-picked best over-the-range microwave ovens and choose the one the serves all your requirement completely.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Over-The-Range Microwaves in 2021
- #10 Frigidaire FFMV1645TW 1.6-Cubic Feet Over-The-Range White Microwave
- #9 Frigidaire FGMV176NTF 1.7 Cubic Feet Over the Range Microwave
- #8 Samsung Stainless Steel Over-The-Range Microwave
- #7 GE MICROWAVES 1029481 1000W 1.6 Cu. Ft. Over-The-Range Microwave Oven
- #6 GE JVM3160DFBB 30″ Microwave Oven with 1.6 cu. ft.
- #5 Sharp R-1214 1-1/2-Cubic Feet 1100-Watt Over-the-Counter Microwave
- #4 Farberware Professional FMO13AHTBKE 1000-Watt Microwave Oven
- #3 GE JVM3160DFWW 1.6-Cubic Ft. White Microwave
- #2 Sharp R1874T 850W 1.1-Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven
- #1 LG LMV2031ST 2.0-Cubic Feet Microwave Oven
- Buyer’s Guides
Top 10 Best Over-The-Range Microwaves in 2021
#10 Frigidaire FFMV1645TW 1.6-Cubic Feet Over-The-Range White Microwave
Experience an over the counter or edge baking by purchasing this 1000 watts microwave oven. You can select among ten different power levels to get various baking results, and the ventilation system keeps any odor, steam or similar factor away. There are two Speed Ventilations that you can choose as per your needs. The overall dimension covers 29-7/8 X 16-13/32 X 15-1/4 inches for mounting it over your cooking counter, it comes with all the necessary hardware and counting tools that you get with the package. Installation is pretty easy, and the instructions book makes it all easy to understand.
#9 Frigidaire FGMV176NTF 1.7 Cubic Feet Over the Range Microwave
Another over the counter microwave oven from Frigidaire that operates on 1000 Watts with nine different cooking levels. Here you experience a sensor cooking that prevents any bad happening, and the two-speed ventilation system makes your kitchen smoke free. The overall dimension is set as WHD 30 X 16.4 X 15 inches with a weight of 50 pounds. The inner capacity or area is 1.7 cubic feet where you can store your dishes to cook or bake and enjoy the deliciousness. The control interface includes clock, nine power settings, start/stop button, and other one-touch operations.
#8 Samsung Stainless Steel Over-The-Range Microwave
If you want a microwave that needs to mount on top of the counter in your kitchen, then you can go with this reliable brand Samsung. The device comes with the cooking space of 1.6 Cubic. Ft and works on 1000 Watts Cooking Power. The overall dimension is 29 7/8 X 16 29/32 X 15 5/32 inches as WHD. Other than that, you can access ten cooking settings with some other features like Eco mode, auto on and off, clock, 30+ seconds timer, and several other innovative settings that make the baking experience and ease.
#7 GE MICROWAVES 1029481 1000W 1.6 Cu. Ft. Over-The-Range Microwave Oven
This amazing looking Over-The-Range microwave oven makes the whole baking thing a lot easy and fun. The overall construction promotes durability, and the manufacturing takes place in the United States that. It comes with all the basic and advanced features such as Incandescent interior oven light, Express cooking, auto controls, defrosting, clock, timer, two ventilation speeds, and ten power settings too. Just like most of the over the counter oven, it operates on 1000 watts giving you the storage capacity of 1.6 cubic feet. The product size is as 33.5 x 19.4 x 20.2 inches.
#6 GE JVM3160DFBB 30″ Microwave Oven with 1.6 cu. ft.
This over-the-range Microwave Oven from GE comes in Black color and provides you the control panel to easily operate the device. It is easy to mount on that wall, and the manufacturing is durable that will serve you for years. The total inner capacity is 1.6 cu. Ft. that makes it a pretty good choice and a pocket-friendly option too. For your convenience, there are settings that you can adjust like auto turn on/off, defrost, two ventilation speeds, reheat, ten power levels, and meal options like a beverage, potato, and popcorn.
#5 Sharp R-1214 1-1/2-Cubic Feet 1100-Watt Over-the-Counter Microwave
This over-the-counter microwave oven works on 1100-watt power to give you an even faster cooking experience. Plus it comes with all the latest and smart technologies built-in just like that sensor that detects anything strange and controls the situation. The panel features several controls such as 24 automatic settings, nine power levels, clock, start/stop, meal options that are more than five, light options, and help menu. Ths all makes this 1-1/2 cubic-foot microwave oven easy to operate that has the dimension as 23-7/8 by 14-1/16 by 15-9/16 inches.
#4 Farberware Professional FMO13AHTBKE 1000-Watt Microwave Oven
Taste the exotic cuisines using this unique creation that you mount over the top and make your bakings. Farberware microwave oven gives you an inner space of 1.3 Cubic. Feet and operates on 1000 watts power. Here the panel is set to give you just one touch functions, and the instruction manual helps understand the functioning very well even to a beginner. So next time whenever you want to have the taste of several baked recipes just head over thus ultimate creation and thank Farberware for implementing the latest technology. One additional thing that comes along is the locking feature that keeps your children safe if they are unaware of the functioning.
#3 GE JVM3160DFWW 1.6-Cubic Ft. White Microwave
Another great product from GE that comes as whole white and looks appealing in any kitchen mounted over that counter. It comes with all the touch controls, and for the ventilation, it uses 2- Speed Exhaust Fan so you won’t see any smoke or burnt smell. It gives you the cubic capacity of 1.6 cubic feet where the product’s dimension remains as 16 x 30 x 17 inches with the weight of 63 pounds. For those who want to know the wattage it works on then get to know that it is 1000 watts and 120 volts.
#2 Sharp R1874T 850W 1.1-Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven
This one is from the brand name Sharp that gives you an over-the-range Convection Microwave in the frame of stainless steel. Unlike any other oven here, it works on 850-watt that you can use to bake, crisp, and roast things. The great thing about it is that you get the number of settings more than the average microwave ovens. Here you get smart sensor settings that make the hassle less and handle the mess. The inner space is of 1.1-cubic-foot, and the construction of stainless-steel makes it a strong device to mount over the counter. Overall dimension is 29-15/16 x 16-11/32 x 15-9/32 inches, and weight is 72 pounds.
#1 LG LMV2031ST 2.0-Cubic Feet Microwave Oven
LG Over-The-Range Microwave Oven gives you a fine amount of interior space. It works on 1000 watts where the control interface is just a touch away and that works very smoothly. The overall; weight of the product is 63 pounds, and the installation of Oven Range comes handy. For the outer look, it is built of stainless steel that looks amazing, and a large number of functionalities will surely make you feel awe.
Before buying any microwave, you have to understand the different types of microwaves available in the market and who needs to buy which one.
Types of Microwave
There are basically three types of microwaves available – countertop, over-the-range, and built-in microwaves.
- Countertop Microwaves: are considered to be the traditional microwaves. But these microwaves need extra space called counter space which may not be suitable if you have a small kitchen and you already working in a tight space. Whatever space the microwave takes to sit, you need to have double that space because half of it is going to be for the counter space.
- Over-the-range Microwaves: are the replacement for countertop microwaves for those who have limited space in their kitchen. They do not need any counter space but they need outside venting. They are priced higher than countertop ones and you will need an electrician to install it.
- Built-in Microwaves: can be fitted in the wall if you have provision for such an installation. The cleaning of such microwave ovens is stress-free and they will let you have more space in the kitchen. But they are priced significantly higher than the rest two.
Parameters To Watch Out
- Power: The power of a microwave is measured in watts. A microwave with higher wattage is likely to cook food faster and more evenly. There are microwaves available from 500 to 1500 watts. A microwave of around 1000 watts is ideal but if budget is not a constraint, go ahead and buy a higher wattage microwave.
- Venting: The venting system is one of the crucial factors in over-the-range microwaves. There are two types of venting options available – external venting and recirculating venting. Check the number of fans available and the different types of filters the product is coming with. Furthermore, check the cubic feet per minute rating of the fan system. The more it is, the better as it is moving more air in a given timeframe.
- Features: You must buy only those microwaves that have turntables because they keep rotating the food so that the heating is even and the ingredients are perfectly cooked. Fixed type ones will leave the food uncooked at certain regions. The interior of the microwave must be easy to clean and the material should be cleaning friendly. The use of stainless steel and enamel is the best option. YOu can easily wipe off the spills and splatters.
- Controls: There must be 10 power levels from 10 to 100% so that you can cook different foods at different power. There must also be different preset cooking option available for cooking daily items like popcorn, pizza, and likewise. A timer is a must and if the microwave has a memory function to save settings, it is a bonus. Defrosting is a must-have option now and it should be done by weight or time and there must be provision for the same.
Apart from these, an automatic sensor to cook food automatically is a great addition. Even such sensors automatically shut off cooking when the cooking is done to prevent over cooking.
If you have limited space in your kitchen and you think a traditional is taking up unnecessary space, go ahead and buy any of the above-listed over-the-range microwaves. They have all the features and functionalities as the countertop and built-in microwaves. You can prepare instant dishes with preset cooking options, defrost food, set time, cook automatically based on weight and ingredients and make your kitchen smart and modern.