What happens when we look at our old photographs? In today’s world, the younger generation wishes to click pictures of anything and everything. Since there are Android and iPhones, one can easily take their phones out and click a quick picture. However, there was a charm about old pictures. In earlier times, families used to click pictures in hard-copy. Gone are those days of photo albums and the charm has gone.
When you look at the old photo-albums, a smile appears on your face and you feel like sharing the pictures of your childhood on social media. These are precious memories and you must cherish them! The question is How to scan these precious moments?
You need a photo scanner at your home! This way you can scan the old photos and share it with the world. You may be thinking as to which photo scanner is the best! We have listed the Top 10 Best Photo Scanners of 2019. This list will help you to compare the products and choose the best.
Before you go through the list of products, take a quick at the need for a photo scanner.
Table of Contents
- Why do you require a photo scanner?
- List of Top 10 Best Photo Scanners of 2019
- 10. ION Pics 2 SD Photo, Slide and Film Scanner with SD Card
- 09. Canon Office Product LiDE 120 Image Scanner
- 08. Avision IS15 Portable Photo Scanner
- 07. EPSON PerfectV39 Photo Scanner
- 06. EPSON Perfect V600 Colour Photo, Image, Film and Negative Scanner
- 05. EPSON Perfect V800 Photo Scanner
- 04. Plustek ePhoto Z300 Photo and Document Scanner
- 03. FujitSu ScanSnap Ix500 Colour Duplex Scanner
- 02. Canon CanoScan 9000F MKII Photo, Film and Negative Scanner
- 01. EPSON FastFoto FF 640 High-Speed Photo Scanning System
Why do you require a photo scanner?
- You can scan photos at home which means you do not have to go to a professional.
- You can start a photo scanning business. This will double up your income.
- You can easily scan the photos and upload it on Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can share your old photographs with the world.
- You would get high-quality scans right at home!
List of Top 10 Best Photo Scanners of 2019
Now let us take a quick look at the products that you can choose from. These are the top 10 products which are easily available on Amazon!
Check it out!
10. ION Pics 2 SD Photo, Slide and Film Scanner with SD Card
ION Pics 2 SD Photo, Slide and Film Scanner with SD Card allow you to scan negatives, slides, and pictures to the inclusive SD card. You do not need to have a computer to scan the pictures. You would be pleased to know that the scanning is high-resolution.
There is a colored screen through which you can see the picture. There are a special editing software and easy image transfer. Let us take a look at the pros and cons of the product.
- There is a large preview screen
- You can span pictures, negatives, and slides
- You do not need a computer to scan the pictures.
- There is a special editing software easy image transfer
- The colored screen allows you to view your pictures.
- It does not work with SD card which has capacity of more than 4 GB.
09. Canon Office Product LiDE 120 Image Scanner
Canon Office Product LiDE 120 Image Scanner is a compact variant which comes at an affordable price. It has advanced features which allow you to upload documents as well as photos. The product has an Auto Document fix which produces lovely scans automatically.
Canon is a superior brand and you must invest in this product. The product has a resolution of 2400×4800 dpi. Say no to poor quality scans of documents and photos because this is a superb product.
- Auto document fix feature allows you to automatically produce excellent scans.
- Four EZ buttons which enable you to copy, scan, send and create a PDF.
- It is an affordable product
- It allows you to upload the documents and photos to the Cloud without any hassle.
- It is a portable product
- According to reviewers, the product does not work with Windows 10.
08. Avision IS15 Portable Photo Scanner
Avision IS15 Portable Photo Scanner has auto-crop functions and advanced deskew. It is a supreme product which allows you to scan images and save it as a JPG file. It has a portable storage and you have the option of choosing the media to store your scanned pictures in.
The Avision IS15 Portable Photo scanner has received positive reviews on Amazon as well. It is always wise to check the reviews and return policy before placing an order.
- The photographs and cards get scanned quickly.
- Auto-crop function
- Scan images easily and it is automatically saved as a JPG file.
- Portable storage
- Choose the media where you wish to store the image
- According to some reviewers, the installation is flawed.
07. EPSON PerfectV39 Photo Scanner
The EPSON Perfect V39 Photo scanner helps you to preserve the precious memories of the past. You can restore and archive the family photos for the next generation to see. You can scan it and post it to Google Drive and Facebook. The product is convenient to use and it is compatible with Windows 8.1/8/7, Vista, XP and Mac OS.
The photo scanner is efficient and most of the reviewers consider it to be a superior product.
- It is compatible with Windows 8.1/8/7, Vista, XP and Mac OS.
- It allows you to restore the cherished memories with your family.
- The product is easy to use and is ideal for home use.
- You can scan to Google Drive and Facebook.
- It is a sleek and portable scanner.
- Some reviewers felt that the buttons to initiate the scan did not work the first time.
06. EPSON Perfect V600 Colour Photo, Image, Film and Negative Scanner
The EPSON Perfect V600 allows you to create outstanding enlargements from the film. You can easily scan slides and negatives with this product. In case a photo is damaged, the product will remove the appearance of crease or tears. It even removes the appearance of scratches and dust.
In a nutshell, it is a superb choice! You can use it with Windows 7, Vista, XP and Mac OS.
- You can scan negatives and slides
- It removes the appearance of creases and tears from old and damaged pictures.
- It removes the appearance of scratches or dust on the photo.
- It is compatible with Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and MAC OS.
- According to some reviewers, the shortcut buttons were not useful.
05. EPSON Perfect V800 Photo Scanner
The EPSON Perfect V800 Photo Scanner is a flatbed scanner. The true value of this machine is of a film scanner. You would be pleased to know that this product is used for negative as well as positive films.
If you ask us then we would tell you that this product is meant for seasoned and professional photographers. The scan quality of this product is superior and it would be a great investment. You do not have to think twice before purchasing this product.
- 6400 dpi resolution you get the precise detail and color in the scans
- It has an extraordinary tonal range
- Dual lens system you can select from the 2 lenses
- The color calibration software is difficult to use
04. Plustek ePhoto Z300 Photo and Document Scanner
The Plustek ePhoto Z300 Photo and Document Scanner make it easy to scan photos whenever you like! All you need to do is put the papers inside the feeder and the smart scanner will take care of everything else. It is suitable for those who want hassle-free scanning.
There are features such as automatic crop, automatic image enhancement and much more. Let us take a quick look at the pros and cons of the product.
- It is easy to operate the product
- Automatic crop
- Automatic photo enhancement
- The scanner takes care of everything!
- It is compact in size and it is lightweight.
- It is compatible with Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS.
- According to some reviewers, the images are not as sharp.
03. FujitSu ScanSnap Ix500 Colour Duplex Scanner
The FujitSu ScanSnap Ix500 Colour duplex scanner is a superior product. Many reviewers recommended this product because it de-clutters the workspace. There are excellent features like double-sided scanning, auto color detection, blank page removal, and much more.
You can insert a maximum of 50 papers on the ADF (automatic document feed). There is much more than this product offers!
- The product creates multi-page PDFs which are searchable. All this can happen with just a single click.
- Auto color detection
- Auto rotation for documents that are upside down.
- The software is easy to use.
- Double-sided scanning
- It is compatible with Windows and iOS devices.
- According to a reviewer, the product has CIS optical sensors. The reviewer mentioned that CCD is better as compared to CIS.
02. Canon CanoScan 9000F MKII Photo, Film and Negative Scanner
Canon CanoScan 9000F MKII Photo, Film and Negative Scanner are a superior product which does not need any introduction! When you are looking for a reliable brand, you can trust Canon. We live in a world where there is immense environmental degradation but the good part is that this product consumes less power. It has white LEDs which consume less power. There is a special auto scan mode which adjusts the settings after it detects as to what you are scanning.
It is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP and Vista.
- The scanner consumes low power.
- The auto-scan mode is efficient and it automatically adjusts the settings.
- It is compatible with Windows 8, RT, 7, Vista, XP and Mac OS.
- It has zero warm-up time.
- According to a reviewer, the manual’s instructions are unclear.
01. EPSON FastFoto FF 640 High-Speed Photo Scanning System
The EPSON FastFoto FF 640 High-speed photo scanning system is the world’s fastest and most efficient scanner. You can scan thousands of quality photos at lightning fast speed. You can scan your precious moment images whether it is from your wallet or your old photo album. Priceless moments should be preserved and shared.
It is a quick product and you can easily scan as many photos! Let us take a look at the pros and cons of the product.
- It is world’s fastest scanner of photos. You can take thousands of pictures. One photo takes one second which makes it the fastest and most reliable product.
- You can preserve all your priceless moments through this photo scanner.
- It takes scan of recent photos really well.
- Some reviewers complained that they saw a bluish blob in the middle of pictures.
- You may have a tough time with older black and white pictures.
Words from the Wise
Are you trying to buy a supreme product? Well, now you know about the best products on the market. You can easily compare the products listed above and buy the finest one.
You may have a picture in your album which is dusty, worn out, or torn. You can easily restore it by getting a scanner. The good news is that most of the scanners listed above will not burn a hole in your pocket.
Be a wise buyer and always read reviews before purchasing the product. Also, Amazon is the best site because there are easy returns and one can compare different products.
What are you waiting for? Buy the best photo scanner now!