Are planning to use a trail camera to amplify your hunting game? Well, it’s good to know that looking for the best trail camera today is easier compared before. Latest technology has helped every industry in recent years, most essentially digital cameras.
Companies and manufacturers today are stepping up their game in order to match the need of more advanced hunters. While choosing the best trail camera for the kinds of game you hunt could depend on what you hunt, still there are general criteria that you must consider.
Table of Contents
- List of 10 best trail cameras in 2018 reviews:
- 1. Moultrie A-20 Mini Game Camera, Trail Cameras
- 2. Browning Strike Force HD Camera, Trail Cameras Camouflage
- 3. Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Essential E2 12MP Trail Camera, Trail Cameras Tan
- 4. Stealth Cam G42 No-Glo Trail Game Camera STC-G42NG
- 5. Crenova Trail Camera Game and Trail Hunting Camera 12MP 1080P HD With Time Lapse 65ft 120°
- 6. Wildlife Trail Camera, Abask Trail Surveillance Waterproof Digital Camera
- 7. Stealth Trail Camera Cam P18 7 Megapixel Compact Scouting Camera with Batteries and SD Card
- 8. TEC.BEAN 12MP 1080P HD Game & Trail Hunting Camera, Trail Cameras
- 9. Browning Recon Force FHD Camera, Trail Camera Camouflage
- 10. Moultrie Game Spy M-880 Gen 2 8.0 MP Camera, Trail Camera Mossy Oak Bottomland
List of 10 best trail cameras in 2018 reviews:
1. Moultrie A-20 Mini Game Camera, Trail Cameras
This mini game camera is equipped with infrared 36 LED flash that has a fifty feet range. This is useful in targeting animals or subject from wide distance. It comes with weather resistant plastic case and has Tripod mount strap slots. It captures 12MP still shots and made with single image modes and multi shot modes. Skip to Best Pen Camera
- Super lightweight
- Single and multi shot capability
- Slow video recovery
- Poor picture quality
- Produces inappropriate colors
2. Browning Strike Force HD Camera, Trail Cameras Camouflage
This is one of the best and most sought after trail camera today. It is equipped with a 100’ nighttime flash range. The Zero Blur technology assist get rid of motion blur or shadow from moving objects or animals, Time-lapse camera mode that has IR triggered images. The amazing 0.67 second trigger speed is really exceptional. Powered by 6 AA batteries and also comes with browning buck watch time lapse viewer program.
- Fast trigger time
- Day and Night Images are extremely good
- Fast Recovery Time
- Strap is easily attached to a tree
- Trail Cameras takes six batteries
- Slight above average number of blurry pictures
3. Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Essential E2 12MP Trail Camera, Trail Cameras Tan
The Bushnell Trophy Cam is integrated with customizable settings that allow pictures to be captured at 1 to 3 per trigger, and video clips from five to sixty seconds. You can set image resolution to 3, 8 and 12 MP.
What makes this trail camera apart from the rest is that it runs to one year on one set of double A batteries and features a 0.3 second trigger accuracy. It also equipped with lime lapse mode, 32 Low-Glow LED’s, as well as 80 feet night flash range.
- Awesome clear night pictures
- Fast Trigger Speed
- Morning and evening pictures are useless
- Trail Cameras doesn’t come with camouflage casing
4. Stealth Cam G42 No-Glo Trail Game Camera STC-G42NG
Stealth Cam is packed with essential features that capture high-class 10MP images and 5 to 180 second of high definition audio and videos. The state of the art retina low light sensitivity technology features scatters illumination and catches light to make evenly detailed lit scene.
The Matrix Blur Reduction catches crisp pictures of moving animals or objects in IR mode. Easy to setup with manual modes and accommodates SD cards up to 32GB.
- Black flash day pictures
- Fast trigger time
- Exceptional motion pictures
- Day pictures are superb
- Trail Camera is thick
- Large size video file
- Slow recovery
- Video file size is large
- Night images are a little bit grainy
5. Crenova Trail Camera Game and Trail Hunting Camera 12MP 1080P HD With Time Lapse 65ft 120°
The Crenova Game and Trail Hunting Camera is equipped with smart features. It has the capability to distinguish the hunting location on the ground in precise and specific manner. It was created to meet the needs and demands of the advanced users most essential with regards to hunting activities.
This is integrated with sensitive PIR sensors that will automatically activate the unit and will record or take a shot on the subject when it enters in the evident part of the lens. You can take video and photos in high definition.
- This trail camera has endured many rain storms without issues
- Responsive and Sensitive two PIR sensors
- Complete functions
- Tough Electronics parts help to sustain longer life span,
- Trail Camera can do both pictures and video at the same time
- The interface is very intuitive and controls are simple to use
6. Wildlife Trail Camera, Abask Trail Surveillance Waterproof Digital Camera
This is one of the best wildlife as well as surveillance camera available so far. It comes with a 3-zone infrared sensor that could detect sudden modifications to the ambient temp in an evaluation site.
It is well made and tougher and integrated with a hinge opening that gives fast access to the extremely intuitive menus. Trail Camera is weatherproof so you can use it while raining or snowing. It also shoots clearly in complete darkness.
- Five capture modes
- Captured images clearly
- Poor facial recognition at distances of more than 30 feet.
7. Stealth Trail Camera Cam P18 7 Megapixel Compact Scouting Camera with Batteries and SD Card
The Stealth Cam is intended to capture wildlife activities. Energy efficient design, quick set for simple and fast set up and burst rapid fire mode all these features are integrated in this camera to provide amazing hunt experience.
What is more it is also integrated with a class 10 SD card as well as 8 AA batteries that last for many times of using. Programming this camera is easier thanks to its Quick Set dial with three Preset modes, together with the manual setup mode which avoid frustration once you install this in the field.
- Easy to use and cheap
- Energy Efficient design
- Quick set for simple and fast setup
- This doesn’t integrated with temperature
- You cannot program this camera to print the unit location
8. TEC.BEAN 12MP 1080P HD Game & Trail Hunting Camera, Trail Cameras
This amazing Game and Trail Hunting Camera offers great performance. It could be triggered by any motion through a highly sensitive PIR or Passive Infra-red motion sensor. This unit also comes equipped with 940nm invisible infrared dark LED that takes black and white videos or picture clearly even in the complete darkness.
Weatherproof, making it perfect t use outdoor like trace trail, animal hunting, home surveillance as well as ecological monitoring.
- Trail Cameras are Weatherproof
- Long Night Vision Range
- Low power consumption
- High resolution
- This has fixed focusing range therefore the subject is out of focus most of the time.
9. Browning Recon Force FHD Camera, Trail Camera Camouflage
Browning Recon Force Camera is integrated with state of the arts features such as 10 MP infrared LED light, 1920 x 1080 video resolution full High Definition qualities, which allows you play back video clips on a big screen without compromising the quality. It comes with 100 night time flash range, Zero Blur Technology that assist get rid of movement blue from moving objects.
- Trail Cameras are Easy to program
- Pictures are sharp and clear with daylight
- Color/clarity for day pictures is extremely good.
- Fast trigger
- IR flash is visible that reveals the hideout of this camera
10. Moultrie Game Spy M-880 Gen 2 8.0 MP Camera, Trail Camera Mossy Oak Bottomland
The Moultrie Game Spy M-880 M-880 Gen2 enhances upon the well-liked M-880, with improved image quality, enhanced battery life, as well as user friendly features such as the latest “Quick Start” setting. This is a Long-Range IR LED 8.0 megapixel mini game trail camera.
It comes with Illumi-Night sensor feature that gives bright, clear nighttime pictures as well as Motion Freeze lessens nighttime blur. This puts your hunting experience to a higher level.
- Superb colors
- This Trail Cameras are Very good battery
- Quick fast release
- Sharp pictures in daylight
- Goofy pathways in the selections of menu