You want your webcam to take HD images and record HD videos as well as high quality audio. Here are the top 10 best webcams in 2018 reviews.
Table of Contents
- 1. Logitech HD Webcam C310
- 2. Logitech HD Laptop Webcam C615 with Fold-and-Go Design
- 3. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam
- 4. HAVIT HV-N5086 Camera and Webcam
- 5. Creative Live! Cam Sync HD 720P Webcam
- 6. Logitech C930e USB Desktop or Laptop Webcam, HD 1080p Camera
- 7. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p HD Webcam
- 8. Computer Camera HD PC Webcam papalook PA150 720P Network Security Camera 360 Degree USB Webcam With Built-in MIC
- 9. Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p HD Webcam for Business
- 10. Logitech Pro 9000 PC Internet Camera Webcam with 2.0-Megapixel Video Resolution and Carl Zeiss Lens Optics
1. Logitech HD Webcam C310
The Logitech HD Webcam C310 allows you to take up to 5-megapixel snapshots and 720p video. It has autofocus and wide-angle lens for excellent picture quality. With this webcam, you can upload, video chat, stream and blog in a single click. It is also backed by a 2-year limited warranty on hardware. The Logitech HD Webcam C310 has a built-in microphone with noise reduction feature.
- High definition 720p video calling on major instant messaging apps
- Automatically corrects light
- Works with Yahoo Messenger, Skype and Microsoft Live Messenger
- Integrated mic has noise reduction feature
- Comes with 2-year limited warranty on hardware
- Allows you to take 5-megapixel snapshots
- There’s no option for adjusting the focus manually.
2. Logitech HD Laptop Webcam C615 with Fold-and-Go Design
The Logitech HD Laptop Webcam C615 can take HD photos and record videos even with poorly lit or dim settings due to its automatic light correction. It works with Chrome OS, Android, Windows and Mac. With this webcam, you can record HD 1080p videos and upload them on YouTube or Facebook. You can talk to your friends in clear HD 720p on FaceTime, Skype and Google Hangouts. You can also fold it for extra portability. The 360⁰ rotational camera captures everything at any angle.
- HD 720p video chat on FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Skype and other major video calling apps
- Allows you to record HD 1080p videos
- 360⁰ rotational camera with a tripod-ready base and fold-and-go portability
- Integrated mic can reduce background noise
- Autofocus for clear images
- Cord is too short
3. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam
Thanks to its TrueColor Technology, you can record colorful and bright videos through this webcam. The Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam also allows you to post and share videos on Twitter, Facebook, Messenger and YouTube. It also attaches to notebooks, monitors and laptops thanks to its universal attachment base. It has an omnidirectional microphone that cancels acoustic noise. The webcam’s 720p HD sensor provides widescreen videos at 16:9 at up to thirty frames for every second.
- Comes with a universal attachment base that works on laptops, notebooks and desktops
- Delivers colorful and bright videos thanks to its TrueColor Technology
- 16:9 widescreen allows for cinematic video recording
- Allows you to post HD 720p videos to online video sites
- Webcam often doesn’t work with Windows 10
4. HAVIT HV-N5086 Camera and Webcam
The HAVIT HV-N5086 Camera and Webcam allows you to make full video calls on different IM services such as Gmail Voice, Skype and Yahoo! Messenger. It supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 10 and Windows 7. You can also take high quality photos and upload it to YouTube, Twitter and Facebook as well as make video calls on HDTVs with HDMI connection from a laptop or on Windows-based computers. With its plug and play feature, you don’t need to install any driver.
- Sharp video-call picture
- Allows you to make video calls on Gmail Voice, Yahoo! Messenger and other IM services as well as upload to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- High quality photos
- Plug and play feature
- Doesn’t have zoom, pan and tilt functionality
5. Creative Live! Cam Sync HD 720P Webcam
The Creative Live! Cam Sync HD 720p Webcam allows you to enjoy high definition video chatting. You don’t need to install any CD or software. Just plug and chat and that’s it. You can capture and share 720p videos on YouTube and Facebook through the Live! Central 3 Lite software. It has a noise-canceling mic that eliminates background noise. Its video preview is password protected, so you can prevent unauthorized usage.
- Noise-cancelling mic ensures clear voice chats
- Allows you to share and capture HD 720p videos
- Comes with surveillance software that allows you to monitor your kids, business and home remotely from your PC and phone
- May not suit those who are looking for a higher resolution
6. Logitech C930e USB Desktop or Laptop Webcam, HD 1080p Camera
The Logitech C930e offers a wide field of view, making it ideal for whiteboard presentations and face-to-face video collaboration. It records 1080p videos at 30 fps and features SVC UVC 1.5 encoding, which frees up computer bandwidth through on-camera video processing. The webcam also has zoom, pan and tilt functions as well as light-correction technology. When you’re not using the webcam, you can cover the lens with a privacy screen for added security and privacy.
- Allows you to record 1080p videos at 30 fps
- 90⁰ field view plus tilt, 4x digital zoom and pan
- Plug and play function makes it compatible with many web conferencing and UC applications
- Doesn’t come with retail software
- Colors can look a bit different than they really are, but it can be adjusted easily
7. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p HD Webcam
The Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p HD Webcam automatically sharpens images and adjusts exposure for vibrant footage through its TrueColor Technology. It allows you to enjoy 720p widescreen videos with clear audio. The webcam features ClearFrame Technology and high-precision glass lens, which improve images even in bad lighting conditions. Its auto focus function ensures that images stay detailed and sharp. The webcam offers 360⁰ rotation to provide you with an all-around view. Its built-in noise cancelling mic improves speech quality.
- 720p widescreen sensor captures HD quality videos at 30 frames per second
- TrueColor Technology delivers colorful and bright videos in all lighting conditions
- Comes with a noise-canceling mic that improves speech quality
- ClearFrame Technology delivers clear videos
- Auto focus
- Has a flexible stand for desktop PCs and notebooks
- Cord is a bit short
8. Computer Camera HD PC Webcam papalook PA150 720P Network Security Camera 360 Degree USB Webcam With Built-in MIC
The papalook PA150 can capture 720p videos without blurs. Its 360⁰ rotation makes it ideal for desktops and laptops. The webcam is compatible with Windows Vista, 10, 8, 7 and XP. Its 2.0 extra-large aperture allows you to make high quality shots even in poor lighting conditions. The four-layer glass lens (film-coated) makes videos look more real. It also has a built-in noise cancelling mic for clearer audio.
- 720p resolution captures clear videos
- Comes with a built-in noise cancelling microphone
- Plug and play function
- Does not support Mac
9. Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p HD Webcam for Business
The Microsoft LifeCam Studio features a 1080p sensor that delivers sharp and high quality images. Its autofocus function allows you to keep images crisp. The LifeCam precision glass element lens also allows you to shoot accurately. The TrueColor Technology allows your videos to remain bright in every lighting condition.
- 1080p widescreen sensor delivers superior image quality and sharpness
- Allows you to enjoy 720p video chat
- High-fidelity mic delivers detailed audio
- High-precision optics guarantees sharp images
- TrueColor Technology delivers bright videos
- No software available for Windows 10
10. Logitech Pro 9000 PC Internet Camera Webcam with 2.0-Megapixel Video Resolution and Carl Zeiss Lens Optics
The Logitech Pro 9000 features the Logitech Vid video calling software. The AutoFocus boasts the Carl Zeiss lens system for clearer and sharper HD video recording. The RightLight2 Technology can adjust brightness to help you get perfect images. There’s also an integrated mic with RightSound Technology to let you enjoy clear conversations.
- Comes with the Logitech Vid video calling software
- 2-megapixel captures 2-megapixel photos and 16 x 9 widescreen videos
- HD video recording
- Carl Zeiss lens system ensures sharper and clearer videos
- Integrated microphone has RightSound Technology for clear conversations
- RightLight2 Technology alters brightness to get the best images even in low light conditions
- Doesn’t attach firmly on some monitors