One of the biggest investments you’ll ever make as a parent or guardian is a high chair. It provides a good seating position for your child, secures them properly to prevent slippage, offers a nice eating point or reading point, and also saves you from constantly bending over or straining to reach them.
The chair can support young toddlers as well as older babies. This is possible because you can vary the seating, footrest, as well as table height to suit various users. With a quality piece, you’ll see your baby grow until he/she no longer needs it. The following are the top wooden high chairs in 2020:
Table of Contents
- List of Top 7 Best Wooden High Chairs in 2020
- #7 Children’s Commercial Wooden High Chair
- #6 Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray, Natural
- #5 Excellante’ Wooden High Chair, Walnut
- #4 Winco CHH-3 3-Piece Wooden High Chair
- #3 Stokke – Tripp Trapp High Chair, Walnut Brown
- #2 Abiie Beyond Adjustable Wooden High Chair with Tray
- #1 Winco CHH-103 Unassembled Wooden High Chair, Mahogany
- Wooden High Chair Buying Guide
- Assembling Wooden High Chair
- Final Thoughts
List of Top 7 Best Wooden High Chairs in 2020
#7 Children’s Commercial Wooden High Chair
This high chair is made from high-quality wood and lasts for a long time. It has a decent dimension (height of 38.25 inches, length of 19.75 inches and width of 19.75 inches) to handle small infants and growing toddlers. It’s very spacious and works fine even with large and heavy babies.
The modern staling give sit a trendy look to complement most home interior décor. Adjusting the seating position and footrest is easy and has a nice harnessing to secure the baby. It lighter than most chairs and moving it is easy.
#6 Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray, Natural
This elegant-looking high chair is what your infant child or growing child needs. It provides a firm seating surface and has a smooth finish for extra comfort. The modern looking unit can fit in most homes with minimal issues because of its decent size.
The unit is well-styled to match most decors, whether traditional or contemporary. It’s built of premium wood for durability and can handle different weights quite well. The sleek surface is easy to clean and the wood is waterproof.
#5 Excellante’ Wooden High Chair, Walnut
Feeding and bonding with your child are easy with the right high chair. This wooden chair is a good consideration and will offer the right support and comfort for children of different ages and weights. The adjustable chair can handle a growing baby well since you can easily adjust the seating platform, footrest, as well as the table.
The Excellante unit is constructed of heavy-duty wood and is well engineered to handle heavy babies. It has a smooth finish for easy cleaning whereas the ergonomic design keeps the baby very comfortable.
#4 Winco CHH-3 3-Piece Wooden High Chair
The Winco CHH-3 chair is common in homes and is among the top on the market. The accessory is ideal for infants and infants and can quickly be adjusted to suit babies of different sizes and weight. The high graded chair has a contemporary styling and looks awesome in different home decors. It’s very versatile, strong, and can serve several babies.
In fact, this chair may cater for all your kids. The waterproof material prevents bacteria, microbes, rot, and fading. Cleaning the item is as simple as using a damp cloth and this takes a short time.
#3 Stokke – Tripp Trapp High Chair, Walnut Brown
If you are concerned about the safety and comfort of your baby, then this chair will give you pace-of-mind. It’s built from tough wood to prevent breakage, has a comfortable design and smooth finish to keep your child cozy, and a nice harnessing to prevent the child from falling.
The fairly large chair has a nice platform for placing meals and a comfortable footrest. It is very stable and very unlikely to tip over. The smooth finish and modern design suit it for any décor.
#2 Abiie Beyond Adjustable Wooden High Chair with Tray
This high chair is fit for kids of different ages. It’s made of strong wood to handle the daily stresses and is spacious enough even for large users. The unit can support up to 250 pounds of weight and works with 3 and 5 point harnesses. The slender legs are very firm and maintain good stability.
It has a smooth finish that prevents moisture buildup or penetration that may affect its appearance and structural integrity. First-time parents won’t have problems using the high chair because of the basic design. It cleans fast and easily and retains its good-looking nature for a long period.
#1 Winco CHH-103 Unassembled Wooden High Chair, Mahogany
Apart from being one of the high quality wooden high chairs, the Winco is also among the affordable units on the market. It’s very easy to assemble and doesn’t need advanced skills or tools. The unit comprises strong wood and is solidly engineered to handle light and heavy users. It’s easy to carry because of the moderately lightweight and has a smooth and comfortable surface.
The spacious unit is also versatile and works well with boys and girls as well. And if cared for properly, it should last for years. The budget-friendly chair is resistant to water, cleans easily, and stays firm during use.
Wooden High Chair Buying Guide
Identifying the right high chair is easier if you have the right checklist. Other than the time it will also save you effort and money. A good checklist will center on the following things:
- Space: You should look at the available space in your home before purchasing. A large piece will congest a small space while a large space gives you more options.
- Décor: People love wood because it goes well with many decors, both modern and traditional. Nevertheless, some styles will look better than others. This is influenced by the design, type of wood, color, and trend. Before purchasing a chair you should make sure it will complement the décor.
- Child’s age: The chair you are targeting should be able to accommodate the size and weight of the child. An older child needs a stronger unit, unlike a very young infant. A chair for a big child is more heavy-duty than that of a smaller child.
- Versatility: Wood is quite strong and can serve you for many years if not decades. It’s common to see a unit that has served several siblings. It helps to pick a type that can serve both boys and girls, is very adjustable, and durable.
- Safety: A good high chair should not just provide good support but is also safe for the child and parent. It has a smooth surface, ergonomic and has a nice harnessing to support the child.
Other things that need to be on your checklist include maintenance, cost, and comfort, design, cleaning ease, durability, and reliability.
Assembling Wooden High Chair
The high chairs are well built to handle regular use, small infants to toddlers, and are easy to use. Nevertheless, it’s essential to familiarize self with the operation and understand how to assemble a unit, adjust the seat and tables, as well as harnessing the child. The video below show a particular example of assembling a wooden high chair.
I believe now you are more confident and competent to go look for the best wooden high seat for your toddler, infant, or child. Better still, you only need to pick an item from this review. We began by reviewing the best in the market and thereafter briefly touched on the important aspects to consider when buying. Although they are ranked from the best to the very best, the above items share many similarities.
Wooden High Chairs are strongly built to handle different weights, the height is easy to adjust, have a firm hardness for maximum support, and are built from premium wood. In addition to ensuring your baby is comfortable, safe, and well supported, the right wooden high chair gives you optimum satisfaction.