Getting to transfer fuel from one tank to another safely is an important aspect of all people that use fuel regularly. A fuel transfer pump is an important machine to help you transfer fuel from one tank to another with ease. Ever tried pouring gasoline directly from a can into a car? You probably know how dangerous and messy things can get. Having fuel transfer pumps will keep things topped up easily and safely.
Fuel transfer pumps can top up motorcycles, lawnmowers and even your car with ease. They are the perfect machines for transferring fuel from one tank to another safely. Some of the best pumps have flexible intake hoses, strainers to keep particles out, great suction power and many more. This article aims at making your selection process simple by highlighting only the best based on quality, functionality, and price. Read on and get yourself a high-quality fuel pump today.
Table of Contents
- Reviewing the Best Fuel Transfer Pumps below:
- 10. Fuel Transfer Pump Kit with 14′ Hose, Extensible Suction Tube and Manual Nozzle
- 9. Fill-Rite FR4210G Fuel Transfer Pump, Telescoping Suction Pipe
- 8. Fill-Rite FR1210G Fuel Transfer Pump, Telescoping Suction Pipe
- 7. Fuelworks 10304010A 12V 10GPM Fuel Transfer Pump Kit
- 6. Fill-Rite SD1202G 12V DC Fuel Transfer Pump With Explosion-Proof UL/cUL
- 5. Fill-Rite FR1614 Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump with Hoses
- 4. Fill-Rite Fuel SD602G Fluid Transfer Pump, Adjustable Suction Pipe
- 3. Fill-Rite FR112 Rotary Hand Pump, Telescoping Suction Pipe
- 2. Fill-Rite FR1210GA 12V DC Fuel Transfer Pump
- 1. XtremepowerUS 12 Volt DC 20GPM Gasoline Fuel Transfer Pump Self-Priming
Reviewing the Best Fuel Transfer Pumps below:
10. Fuel Transfer Pump Kit with 14′ Hose, Extensible Suction Tube and Manual Nozzle
FuelWorks is a very nice pump with a fast flow rate to fill your tank within a short period. This is a heavy duty pump that comes with all the parts required for a faster and easy installation. It is a stable pump that works well and gets the job done in the shortest time possible. It delivers up to 15 GPM/57 LPM with a 12V motor. The nozzle comes with a lockable holder and an extension suction tube. FuelWorks is a great pick with thermal protection and a filter screen inlet.
- Quite easy to assemble
- Fast flow rate
- Stable and heavy duty
- Nozzle does not fit most standard automotive unleaded gasoline filler hole
9. Fill-Rite FR4210G Fuel Transfer Pump, Telescoping Suction Pipe
The Fill-Rite is another powerful fuel pump with a 20 GMP flow capacity at 2,600 rpm giving users a maximum lift of 37 inches. The pump is well-built with iron cast housing, a bunan mechanical seal an O-ring for durability. The pump is suitable for the transfer of diesel, gasoline, kerosene, B20, E-15 and mineral spirits.
- Made from high-quality materials
- Made to last
- High flow rate
- Works efficiently
- Not the fastest pump out there
8. Fill-Rite FR1210G Fuel Transfer Pump, Telescoping Suction Pipe
The Fill-Rite has a 15 GMP flow capacity at 2,600 rpm and a maximum lift of 37 inches. Like most Fill-Rite pumps, this one is housed in an iron cast for durability. It has a buna-n mechanical seal and O-ring for durability. It is a great option with ¼ hp, 12VDC and 20 amp DC motor for powering the fuel. The pump is UL and CUL listed for explosion proof. There are two threaded bases for tank mounting and stability.
- Quite easy to install
- A solid performer
- Quick and efficient
- Lacks a good filter
7. Fuelworks 10304010A 12V 10GPM Fuel Transfer Pump Kit
The FuelWorks pump is another durable choice made from steel that lasts for decades. It is a small size pump that is portable, reliable and easy to install. The pump is specifically designed for use with diesel fuel making it a great choice for boats, pick-ups, agricultural operations and many more. It comes with a 13 ft of fuel hose pipe and a manual dispensing nozzle. The fuel hose can easily be cut into two to serve as inlets and outlets for your fuel.
- Nice and compact
- Pumps really quickly
- Great design
- The hose for the pickup rolls and it’s hard to reach the fuel in the drum when not full.
6. Fill-Rite SD1202G 12V DC Fuel Transfer Pump With Explosion-Proof UL/cUL
The Fill-Rite SD is a perfect fuel pump for pumping diesel fuel, gas and kerosene with an amp draw that is easy to your DC power. Just like other Fill-Rite, this one is a sturdy machine made in the USA with the highest standard possible. It is explosion-proof listed UL/cUl. It comes complete with a 10ft static wire hose and manual nozzle making your pumping experience enjoyable.
- Quite efficient in fuel transfer
- Fast flow rate
- Easy to install and use
5. Fill-Rite FR1614 Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump with Hoses
This is another efficient fuel pump that includes a battery cable and clips. It has an 8-inch ¾ inch hose, a pickup strainer, and a ¾-inch nozzle. The pump ensures that only clean, pure fuel gets through the strainer. It is a versatile pump that is compatible with antifreeze and diesel. It has a 10 GMP flow rate and works perfectly making it a great value for your money.
- Cost effective
- Heavy made and strong
- Hose is stiff and hard to direct
4. Fill-Rite Fuel SD602G Fluid Transfer Pump, Adjustable Suction Pipe
The SD602G Fill-Rite has 13 GMP flow rate capacity at1, 725 rpm with a buna-n mechanical seal and O-ring for durability. It has a maximum lift of 8 inches, ¼ hp, 115V and 1.5 amp motor. The pump works effectively for transferring gasoline, diesel, kerosene, mineral spirits, E-15 and B-20.
- Durable and lasts for years
- Great flow rate
- Heats up fast
3. Fill-Rite FR112 Rotary Hand Pump, Telescoping Suction Pipe
The FR Rotary pump works efficiently delivering up to 10 gallons of fuel per 100 revolutions. It us UL approved and can be used to pump most fuel safely. It can also be used to pump in a reverse direction making it versatile. It has a cast iron rotor and can be locked using a padlock. The iron cast ensures the pump remains lightweight and resists corrosion.
- Resists corrosion
- Fast flow rate
- The pickup pipe is a bit short
2. Fill-Rite FR1210GA 12V DC Fuel Transfer Pump
The FR1210GA Fuel pump makes great fit transferring kerosene, diesel, E-15, biodiesel and any more. It is a versatile pump that will offer you a great value for your money. It is heavily constructed using the cast iron that resists rust while ensuring the pump is lightweight. It comes with a 2-inch threaded base for mounting. The amp draw is easy on your DC. The pump is explosion-proof listed for UL and CUL.
- Works flawlessly
- Minimal assembly required
- The suction pipe is too short
1. XtremepowerUS 12 Volt DC 20GPM Gasoline Fuel Transfer Pump Self-Priming
The XtremepowerUS is our number one fuel pump and rightfully do with amazing features that one would love to see in a fuel pump. The pump has an amazing 20 GMP flow rate with RMP speeds of 2,600. It has a maximum suction lift of up 8 ft ensuring you get to draw your fuel to the lowest levels with ease. The pump works like a charm getting the job done fast and efficient. It is a lot faster than most pumps out there, and the price matches well-giving users good value for their money.
- Cost effective
- Fast flow rate
- Not for unleaded fuel filler