Kitchen gloves are some of the most important accessories in the kitchen in regarding matters concerning safety. It is not only considered as a necessity in professional kitchens but also at home to protect your hands from heat burns during grilling, baking, etc. In most cases, kitchenware is made using Pyrex, Cast Iron or Aluminum, which are all good conductors of heat. This means that the food warms faster and on the other hand, your hands are left with burns if not well handled.
For you to adequately protect your hands an additional layer of protection is required. In most cases, people opt for a wet towel or tablecloth, and although they help reduce the amount of heat, they are not thick enough to fully protect you from the heat. They do not offer sufficient grip and could result to heat burns especially in cases where a wet towel is used.
Surprisingly, in most professional kitchens it is not likely to find oven mitts or kitchen gloves, which is largely due to the reason that their hands have skin that is more tolerant. Therefore, unless you want that kind of skin on your hands, I will suggest that you stick to kitchen gloves.
Table of Contents
- 10. ETmate BBQ Grilling Cooking Gloves
- 9. Premium Food Grade BBQ Grilling Gloves with Fingers
- 8. Chefaith Silicone Kitchen Gloves
- 7. AYL Silicone Cooking Gloves
- 6. Number 1 Chef’s Choice- Elbee 642
- 5. G & F 1684M Dupont Nomex & Kevlar Heat Resistant Gloves
- 4. G&F 77100XL Cut Resistant Gloves
- 3. Grill Armor 932 F Extreme Heat Resistant Gloves
- 2. VRP Heat Resistant Silicone BBQ Gloves
- 1. Ekogrips BBQ Grill Gloves
Factors to consider when buying a kitchen glove
- Heat protection: the first thing you should consider is its ability to protect your hands form heat burns. If it doesn’t suit you then go to the next one.
- Maneuverability: does the glove allow free movement of your hand and fingers? Does it feel bulky and does it allow for easy grip on small objects?
- Durability: check the materials it is made from. Preferably, choose a glove with a material that is known to last long this way you will not have fears about it being counterfeit.
- Aesthetics: the outward appearance and its overall design should also be put into consideration. You do not want to buy something you like or appreciate.
- Affordability: check the prices so that you are able to get gloves that are in your price range.
10. ETmate BBQ Grilling Cooking Gloves
The ETmate Grilling Gloves are made up of three layers; an Aramid fiber for flame & heat resistance, latex rubber for steam resistance and lastly there is the cotton layer which is designed to enhance comfort levels. They can withstand heat of up to 932 F. They are machine washable and come with a hook for hanging after cleaning. They have a five-finger flexibility combined with a seamless design. A single glove can fit both right and left hand.
9. Premium Food Grade BBQ Grilling Gloves with Fingers
The Premium Food Grilling Gloves offer 100% STEAM PROOF and WATERPROOF, which makes them perfect for home brewers. Each glove has fingers and this makes very versatile. Aside from the five-finger design, the Premium Grilling Gloves have a non-slip design that ensures that your grip does not slide especially when handling slippery foods. They are FDA approved, BPA free and are made from stain-proof non-porous silicone material. This makes them easy to clean.
8. Chefaith Silicone Kitchen Gloves
The Chefaith Silicone Gloves have a unique fabric lining that is designed to provide extra flexibility and comfort. They easy to wear and allows you to hold hot items for much longer than ordinary kitchen gloves. They can be used in many occasions such as baking, barbeque, pot-holding, house cleaning, smoker grill handling etc. They are premium quality products that are highly durable. The materials used are non-toxic, BPA free and FDA approved. Their design allows the user to use them for as long as possible.
7. AYL Silicone Cooking Gloves
The AYL Cooking Glove is dual-layered to increase the level of heat protection from oven temperatures and open flames. The first layer is made from silicone materials while the second layer is made from heat-resistant cotton materials. The five-finger design ensures that the gloves are versatile for cooking, grilling or even baking. They also have a non-slip grip that help minimize the risk of kitchen accidents. It is designed with silicone materials that can handle very high temperatures. The design also ensures that even the wrists are well protected from the heat. The manufacturer, Accessorise, offers 100% money back guarantee.
6. Number 1 Chef’s Choice- Elbee 642
The Elbee kitchen mittens are made using an ultra-flex silicone combined with polyester and quilted cotton. They have extra soft linings that ensure your hands are comfortable throughout without breaking a sweat. They provide heat resistance for up to 450F, which makes them suitable for use as potholders. They have a textured surface that helps improve the grip on slippery surfaces. They are also waterproof thus easy to wipe or clean.
5. G & F 1684M Dupont Nomex & Kevlar Heat Resistant Gloves
Dupont Nomex, the materials used to make these gloves, is used in military as body armor, which makes these very strong. Although they are used in body armor, Dupont Nomex and Kevlar can be comfy, thermally safe and even lightweight. These gloves do not melt even under extreme heat. They also have a silicone coating on each side of the fingers.
4. G&F 77100XL Cut Resistant Gloves
The G&F pride themselves as being on the most versatile gloves on this list. They are both heat resistant and cut resistant. They are approved by the set standards with a standard EN388 certification. This means that your hands are adequately protected from cuts and scraps. They are made using silicone materials that ensure that your hands are 100% well protected from heat burns. They are machine washable and offer the ideal protection when working in a kitchen or grill.
3. Grill Armor 932 F Extreme Heat Resistant Gloves
The Grill Armor gloves are red in color and are made from Silicone. They have a very high heat resistance of 932F. They are insulated by P-ARAMID & M-ARAMID fabrics, which mean that they will not melt or catch fire when they come into contact with a flame. They are thick but very light as well as flexible. They also have the silicone super-grip and the five-finger flex design. They are suitable for professional chefs, amateur cooks or even an avid griller. They come as a set of two gloves thus making it easy to carry hot plates or dishes.
2. VRP Heat Resistant Silicone BBQ Gloves
The VRP Silicone Gloves are said to be among the best kitchen gloves currently available in the market. They are 100% STEAM PROOF with a heat resistance of up to 425 degrees. They are well designed with the five-finger grip design that allows for a stronger grip on objects or kitchenware handles. They are durable, dishwasher safe, latex free, odorless, FDA approved and are available in 9 different colors.
1. Ekogrips BBQ Grill Gloves
Manufactured by Ekogrips, the Ekogrips BBQ Grill Gloves are one of a kind. They are so good that even Zimmern Martha Stewart loves them. They are FDA approved and come as a set of two gloves. The BBQ Grill Gloves are perfect for grilling, cooking, campfires and so much more. They offer heat protection for up to 425 degrees.