To take the fun and experience to the next level, people are now turning to off-road skateboards. Unlike the normal skateboards that are mainly used on the smooth surfaces on the streets, these ones are designed to tackle the rugged terrains. Picture yourself going through a muddy patch, grasslands, or gravel? Or maybe you are thinking riding through sand, dirt and rough concrete? Skip to the best Electric Off-Road skateboards on Amazon.
Table of Contents
- List Of 12 Best Off-Road Skateboard Reviews in 2018:
- Which Is The Best Off-Road Skateboard?
- 12. Atom Longboards Skateboard, Off-Road Skateboards
- 11. ScooterX SX-05 SkaterX Skateboard, Electric Off-Road Skateboards
- 10. L-faster Electric Skateboard Truck Off Road Skateboard Belt Drive Truck 4 Wheel Longboard Mountains Skateboard
- 9. SDS 7-ply Maple Mountain Board, Off-Road Skateboards 32 x 8.5-Inch
- 8. L-faster 4 Wheels Off Road Skateboard 11 Inch Truck With 8″ Inflation Tyre Motorized Gas Longboard Truck
- 7. Ninestep 25 mph 2000w mountainboard electric skateboard, Electric off-road skateboards
- 6. Atom Longboards Atom 95X Mountain Board, Off-road skateboards
- 5. MBS Comp 95X Mountainboard, 46″, Best Skateboards Wood Grain Brown
- 4. Maverix USA Border X Skateboards, Electric Off-road Skateboards
- 3. Airwheel M3 Electric Longboard Skateboard Controlled By Handhold Wireless Remote
- 2. MotoTec MT-SKT-1600 Electric Off-road Skateboards ,1600w Dirt Electric Skateboard
- 1. eGlide Electric Off-Road Skateboards , GT Powerboard – Black Anodized Aluminum Off -Road Electric Skateboard
- Tips for Choosing The Best Off-Road Skateboard:
- Stronger Construction:
- Higher Profile:
- All-Terrain Wheels:
- Softer suspension:
- What is the Best Off-Road Skateboard?
- What we recommend
List Of 12 Best Off-Road Skateboard Reviews in 2018:
Which Is The Best Off-Road Skateboard?
12. Atom Longboards Skateboard, Off-Road Skateboards
- Atom Longboards Best Skateboard
The PHT graphics and laminated maple deck make the Atom 90 Mountain Board one of the stylish and colorful boards on the market. We also noticed it’s very well made to handle the off-road and this we gave credit to the die-cast aluminum base and hanger, and chromoly axle. It handles various terrains pretty well courtesy of the large 8-inch knobby tires, orange bushing suspension, and tri-spoke hubs.
11. ScooterX SX-05 SkaterX Skateboard, Electric Off-Road Skateboards
- ScooterX Electric Off-Road Skateboard
Following up on the success of the earlier ScooterX skateboard is this SX-05 SkaterX. The most notable improvement is the more powerful and more silent 49cc motor that will handle the rough surfaces pretty well. Its good torque allows the board to go up inclines with ease and to suit both on and off-road use, it boasts of 9 x 3.5-inch sport tires that also improve the comfort. You can always count on the drum brakes for quality and smooth braking.
10. L-faster Electric Skateboard Truck Off Road Skateboard Belt Drive Truck 4 Wheel Longboard Mountains Skateboard
- L-faster Off-Road Skateboard
Imagine hitting speeds as high as 40km/h? Well, this is what this skateboard truck promises to deliver. Each of the two small 36-volt motors has a maximum output of 1650 watts and rank among the most powerful. It’s also very silent and smooth thanks to the belt drive mechanism. The road vibration and shocks are greatly-reduced by the able truck and riser pad while the two 8-inch wheels minimize skidding or getting stuck in depressions.
9. SDS 7-ply Maple Mountain Board, Off-Road Skateboards 32 x 8.5-Inch
- By: SDS Off-Road Skateboards
- Product Dimensions: –
- Item Weight: 9 lbs
- Color: –
- Top Speed: –
- Maximum Load: 250-275 lbs
This off-road skateboard features a 32 x 8.5 inch maple construction which makes it extremely durable. It also comes with aluminum trucks which are 10.5 inches in size making it quite stable and convenient. The 200 x 50 mm pneumatic tires offer adequate stability while its ABEC-5 bearings guarantee utmost durability and unparalleled performance. Although it requires some assembling, it’s safe to say that it comes ready for work. It also includes a nylon sheath for convenience.
8. L-faster 4 Wheels Off Road Skateboard 11 Inch Truck With 8″ Inflation Tyre Motorized Gas Longboard Truck
- L-faster 4 Wheels Off Road Skateboard
This skateboard truck by L-faster may be what you need to go skateboarding off-road. Its solid nature makes it more tolerant to vibrations, impact, and shock and this reduces the possibility of breaking. Your comfort is more guaranteed by the 2 large 8-inch wheels that go through holes and depressions easily as well as the soft but solid suspension unit. It also delivers good power via the dual 1650 watts motor and the silent belt drive system.
7. Ninestep 25 mph 2000w mountainboard electric skateboard, Electric off-road skateboards
- Ninestep 25 mph 2000w Off-Road skateboards
Reaching speeds of up to 25mph isn’t a problem with the Ninestep Electric skateboard. Powered by 2000watt custom brushless electric motors, it can go up inclines of up to 30 degrees. The powerful 11Ah LG batteries provide a range of 35 kilometers and need at least 3 hours to recharge. The longboard is sturdy and can support people up to 150 kilograms and comes with large pneumatic tires for good traction and stability.
6. Atom Longboards Atom 95X Mountain Board, Off-road skateboards
- Atom Longboards Atom 95X Mountain Board Off-road skateboards
Teens and adults alike will find the Atom 95X a good mountain board. It’s suited for the streets, recreation as well as off-road performance. The All Terrain Skate trucks work together with the 8-inch Diamond tires to improve stability and ride ability whereas the Tri-Spoke hub and quality bearings make the ride smoother and silent. To make it more stylish and trendy it comes with PHT graphics, maple laminate deck, and aluminum oxide tape.
5. MBS Comp 95X Mountainboard, 46″, Best Skateboards Wood Grain Brown
Get it now on Amazon.com
- By: MBS Off-Road skateboards
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 16 x 46 in.
- Item Weight: 24.3 lbs
- Color: Wood Grain Brown
MBS off-road skateboard features a composite 95 Deck which is fitted with Asym and multi-camber for unsurpassed performance. The Matrix ii trucks have axles, shock blocks, top truck and hanger for convenience and breath-taking experience. What’s more, it has MBS’F5 bindings which feature dual density foam for utmost comfort and maximum adjustability.
Its top grade hubs and extra large tires make this off-road skateboard a must-have item for ant skating enthusiast. The fully assembled and extremely advanced brake system makes it excellent for beginners and experts alike. Whether you’re a learner or a pro, this is a perfrect item for you.
4. Maverix USA Border X Skateboards, Electric Off-road Skateboards
- Maverix USA Border X Skateboards Off-Road skateboard
You shouldn’t venture off-road without the Maverix USA Border X skateboards. Unlike the standard type, this board will perform well both on and off-road. It comes with large tires that are effective even on very rough terrains. And if you thought to hit 19mph speed off-road is impossible, this accessory will prove you wrong. It boasts of 800watts of power that should take you uphill with little effort. A single charge covers up to 9 miles whereas the ABS barking ensures smooth braking even on wet surfaces.
3. Airwheel M3 Electric Longboard Skateboard Controlled By Handhold Wireless Remote
- By: Airwheel Off-Road skateboards
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 17.6 x 32.3 in.
- Item Weight: 31.8 lbs
- Color: Black
- Top Speed: 20kmph
- Maximum Load: 100kg
Airwheel off-road skateboard features a top speed of 20kmph which makes it quite reliable. The top range of around 20km ensures that you cover adequate distance to your desired location while the top incline of 15 degrees gives you an opportunity to explore and stretch your skills. It has a charge time of 120 minutes which is arguably reasonable. What’s more, it comes with a Sony Lithium battery which has a considerable life.
The battery capacity of 162.8Wh with a maximum weight load of 100kg further makes this skateboard reliable and convenient for use. The rear wheel motor and tire diameter of 4.5 inches ensure that you stay stable and flexible. Additionally, this item comes with a sturdy and composite deck made using top quality material.
2. MotoTec MT-SKT-1600 Electric Off-road Skateboards ,1600w Dirt Electric Skateboard
- By: MotoTec MT-SKT-1600 Electric Off-road Skateboard
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 11 x 46.5 in.
- Item Weight: 71lbs
- Color: Maple Deck
- Top Speed: 18-22mph
- Maximum Load: 260 lbs
With a maximum load of 260 lbs and top speed of 18-22 mph depending on factors like terrain and load, this is a great off-road skateboard for everyday use. It features 1600W motor power with dual motors for unmatched performance. The 36V 14A battery further makes this skateboard quite reliable and convenient for use by experts and learners alike. The 71 lbs weight makes it quite portable which is an important factor for any skateboard.
1. eGlide Electric Off-Road Skateboards , GT Powerboard – Black Anodized Aluminum Off -Road Electric Skateboard
- eGlide Electric Off-Road Skateboards
If you desire a “Beast” of a skateboard, then you have found it. Able to hit 23mph in 5 seconds, it has to among if not the fastest skateboard on the market. It also can support users weighing as heavy as 200 mph with easy and still offer exceptional performance.
This is credited to the anodized aluminum deck that measures 11 inches wide and 45 inches long. The built-in SLA batteries have a range of up to 15 miles but this may reduce on inclines. For easy downhill riding, it comes with controlled RPM.
Tips for Choosing The Best Off-Road Skateboard:
To be able to go through the bumps, depressions and rough surfaces, the skateboard will come with larger wheels. The bigger the diameter the more effective the accessory.
To reduce the likelihood of breaking or cracking due to higher impact, the board will be thicker and stronger. It may feature a higher ply rating or will be reinforced with a stronger material. The tracks and bearings will also be of higher quality.
The item comes with a higher profile that allows it to go through uneven surfaces without the lower section touching the ground. Too low a profile and you will find yourself suspended in air as the wheels lose contact.
To maintain good contact and grip on different surfaces, the tires will be all-terrain. They will work perfectly on grass, gravel, sand, dirt and more.
Softer suspension is more responsive that harder/stiffer one when it comes to absorbing shock, impact, and vibration. This makes the ride more comfortable despite the rough terrains.
Finding a good off-road skateboard or truck is simpler, easier and more convenient when you use these top 10 best off-road skateboards in 2018 review as your buyer’s guide. We have compared and analyzed many products based on the key features that include wheels size, truck design, suspension, wheel type, and profile. You can thus buy any of the items confidently knowing they are the best around and are worth the money, effort and time.